Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is is truely possible to get IDPA Master with small guns?

AznDragon533

I'm sure it's possible, but it's more difficult, and very few people choose a small gun for competition. I know our local Distinguished Master has competed well with a Glock 19, which is compact, if not subcompact. Another Master I know made Master with a Glock 34 and special contact lenses for shooting, and now he's trying to match that level of performance with his Gock 19 and his everyday prescription.

I may have to play with my Kahr P9. my reloads are a bit slow with it. but considering my last one i timed myself on was in the mid 70's i think i could make SSP master with it and my leather paddle holster. heck worst case i get to know my carry guy a little better.

I shot the first 2 stages (60 rounds) of the classifier with my Glock 26 the other day. My times were well within my previous Master times with a G-17. If I get time I'll shoot the whole thing. I'll have to build a new barricade first. :) I don't think I'll have any problem shooting a Master score. ;)

I shot the first 2 stages (60 rounds) of the classifier with my Glock 26 the other day. My times were well within my previous Master times with a G-17. If I get time I'll shoot the whole thing. I'll have to build a new barricade first. :) I don't think I'll have any problem shooting a Master score. ;)

Nice- I'm going to challenge some of my friends to try this as well. I don't shoot my G26 much so it will be fun. What kind of holster did you use?

Nice- I'm going to challenge some of my friends to try this as well. I don't shoot my G26 much so it will be fun. What kind of holster did you use?

I used my Comp-Tac paddle holster for my G-17. Biggest problem I see is reloads. My little finger will bind against the mag keeping it from dropping free. I do a mag sweep to pull the mag out. Also, reloading with a 10 round G-26 mag can be tricky. The blood blister is all healed up now. :wacko:

I used my Comp-Tac paddle holster for my G-17. Biggest problem I see is reloads. My little finger will bind against the mag keeping it from dropping free. I do a mag sweep to pull the mag out. Also, reloading with a 10 round G-26 mag can be tricky. The blood blister is all healed up now. :wacko:

It will be fun if I can avoid the blood blisters!!! I have a holster for my G17 that I can use as well. I guess I could use the G26 mags or the G17/G34 mags too... although that would be "cheating"... lol

A Glock 26 is a remarkably shootable pistol. Even more so if you use plus 2 mags or 19/17 mags.

It's because the 26 is a cut down G17 where as the 19 is a scaled down G17. So it "feels" like a full size in the hand.

Are you sure about that?

I have a 26, 19, and a 17 and the dimensions for the hand grip area up to the finger guard are all the same...