Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wheelgunners Revenge 6

Patrick Sweeney

OK, so I had one of those forehead-slapping moments when I realized that I was going again to WR, #6, and I hadn't said a thing about it on the Forum.

Jim Barbour put on another fun ICORE match down in the southwest corner of Michigan. Seven stages, something like 175 rounds, and all fun. Only one stage was a "targets on sticks on the fields" kind of course, and it had enough no-shoots to make it very interesting. The rest had steel galore, swingers, walls, doors, all the things you'd expect from an IPSC-flavored revolver match.

Tony Holmes won Open, yours truly took Limited, and everyone had fun.

So mark your calendars now. The middle of July 2005, Buchanan, MI.

Pat, glad you enjoyed yourself. Jim and the gang tried to move in an "IPSC" direction with the COFs this year and I think it worked. Don't forget about the "ICORE at DORR" match on August 22nd. Contact John Trautmann at 616-399-2153 for more info.

Herky, one of the Black Shirts

"gunsmithing" hammer

To make your own "'gunsmithing' hammer": 1) buy a Glock; 2) insert an unloaded magazine; 3) grip the slide with the muzzle facing the ground and the grip facing away from you; 4) whack away.

I had the pleasure of being squaded with Mr. Sweeney for the match, that way I could see the ass whooping first hand that I was about to receive. It was a fun match, much more IPSC style this year than last, and thats a good thing. Thanks to all the black shirts for all the hard work, I think we shot the match in just over 3 hours. That rocked. Will definitely be back next year, hopefully I can catch Patrick next year. How many 686's can one guy have?

In defence of Flex's peformance :D with revolvers at the Buckeye Blast...he did not ask me for a magazine when I handed him my wheel gun at the chrono stage.

He was able to insert bullets into the chambers without guidance, and even closed the cylinder without looking for a slide release.

Flex did have a slight slip of the tongue, however, when he directed: "slide forward, hammer down and holster" when he returned my wheel gun after the chrono. stage.

I NEVER say slide forward!!!

You are going to get me in trouble with the local RCP (Range Command Police). :)

(Thanks for coming to my defense though! Those other guys like to pick on me. I don't understand it.;))

Patric; aren't those little M16s swwet! After years of looking for one, and much less one that sported a 4" barrel, I finally snagged one in Tucson at a gun show two years ago. What a wonderfully fine revolver they are, and always exhibit superb fit and finish. They only cranked them out for two years, early 90s....91/92 I think? They command a hefty price tag, not uncommon to see an asking price of six bills on a pristine one. Good luck in your quest, you8 lookin' for a 4" or 6" barrel length?

• 2 weeks later...

There was one in 4" barrel up for auction on Gun Broker a few weeks ago. I think the winning bid was $525. I agonized about bidding on it, but decided other things were of higher priority. I anticipate this will be one of those kick-yerself-fer-years for not doing it deals. If it shot half as sweet as it looked, it'd be a really prized posession. <_<