Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPS using USPS

392heminut

What the heck is up with UPS using the post office to deliver some of their packages? My UPS guy told me that they started this practice back before Christmas and it usually adds a day onto the delivery time. I've had several packages that he has taken to the post office to be delivered to me the next day, just before he starts making deliveries in my neighborhood! That is without a doubt one of the stupidest moves I've ever heard of. :angry2:

BTW, he told me that UPS pays the USPS to deliver the packages. You KNOW that cost is being passed on to the shippers!

Edited by 392heminut

Before Christmas? Its been going on for at least 5 years by me. Never caused any issues or addrd time here.

+1 Been happening for years. I think we even talked about it on here. Man we talk about a lot of whacky stuff.cheers.gif

The reason is UPS does not want to go to every address in the nation. We do. It has been going on for a very long time. Also other shipping companies use us. Believe it or not it is cheaper for them when you consider all the factors in. I could go on, but this would get locked. Pm me if you want to know more

Hmmm...I usually have people ship via USPS for most things as Priority gets anywhere in the country in 2 or 3 days. UPS from Brownells to outside of Portland Oregon takes a solid week. I've had FedEx steal stuff out of a box before and deliver a gun to the wrong address. I guess my experience has been different than everyone else.

~Mitch

Nope. USPS is golden for me. Ordered mags from gregcotellc Friday morning. Flat rate box made it here to Vegas on Tuesday morning. I think it was from virginia? My SC orders take 5 full business days, not counting the partial days that I order and receive on :blink: I watched in disbelief as it went to Colorado. Then Oregon. Then saltlake. Then Oakland. Finally Vegas. Maybe I'm just in a cruddy spot for ups.

You are not alone with your shipping woes! I almost posted similar about that particular SC order.... :cheers:

I think it's also a quid pro quo - I think I heard somewhere that UPS and Fedex are transporting packages for USPS. So, you carry my stuff from place to place - we'll deliver your stuff for you to pay for it... Dunno, just what I thought I heard.