Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells

pjb45

I have been in a few conversations with Brownells these past few days. I got a call at 5 minutes to 6pm their time.

The customer service person asked me if I wanted a strip JP upper or the complete upper. She said she would price both. I told her that was a lot of effort on their part, especially since it was a special order. She acted like, this is normal for them!

She was gracious, helpful and enthusiastic . Holy Moly, it does not get much better than that!

Drove right through Montezuma IA last summer. Unfortunately, I did not have time to stop in as I was running late for an appointment. I did stop long enough for my wife to take a pic of me in front of the building. If I am ever back in that part of the world I will be stopping in to visit.

The special order people at Brownells treat you like a mom and pop store, meaning they take time to talk to you and will call you back really quick after checking with their distributors.

I talk with Rianna? most of the time and she is great!

Randy

Is this heaven?

No, it's Iowa. :D

How do they get all that electricity out in the middle of a corn field?

Turn the corn into gasohol and use it to fuel a generator. It's a big generator, though, to serve the 6 people that live in Iowa.

Thanks all, I've passed along the thread to our CS folks, they'll be pleased to hear the nice things you've said. I've been working here for 33+ years, first for Bob, then Frank, and now Pete Brownell and that insistance on excellent customer service has never waivered. Bob always worried that no one would send their money (back in the days of cash in the mail) to some guy they didn't know in middle-of-nowhere-Iowa unless he gave that 100% satisfaction guarantee and meant it. I'd work up a humorous response to the "6 people" crack but why bother, the 6 of us live in heaven!

Thanks all, I've passed along the thread to our CS folks, they'll be pleased to hear the nice things you've said. I've been working here for 33+ years, first for Bob, then Frank, and now Pete Brownell and that insistance on excellent customer service has never waivered. Bob always worried that no one would send their money (back in the days of cash in the mail) to some guy they didn't know in middle-of-nowhere-Iowa unless he gave that 100% satisfaction guarantee and meant it.

This needs a "Like" button.

I'd work up a humorous response to the "6 people" crack but why bother, the 6 of us live in heaven!

You know Ryan, Heather, Brad, and Rick (4 of my favorite people)?

:D

Sure, I know all of them, We don't get together often because we're so busy and spread out across the 300 x 200 miles of the state planting all that corn. All those names add up to more than 6 so I'm going to have get us all together and figure out who let the extras into the state.

Great service.

Unlike other stores it seems that they always try to actively restock their sold out products.

Haven't seen the same from other places. I could wait months before something is restocked.

My one time needing to deal with their CS was amazing. I bought something and a part was missing. They did not even question me. They sent out a replacement. I start with Brownells for gun parts and if they have it, my search ends there.