Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM Pro 8+1

TreyK

What shotshells is everyone running in your JM pro series? 7, 7.5, 8? 1 oz or 1-1/8th oz?

I have run a few hundred of the Federal Bulk Packs and have not had any issues with it. I have also run Winchester AA stuff and they ran good...

Thanks so much for the help with the online dealers everyone. Tactical Defense Solutions did have them in stock, and I was able to place an order today. Looks like Bud's also has them in stock as of today, but only for their "VIP Members," which costs an additional $25.00.

Does anyone know if the regular 930 pistol grip and buttstock will fit on the JM pro series? I'm assuming it does but wasn't sure if anyone has tried it yet.

Doesn't make much sense to use one, considering where the safety is.

I use Briley Chokes and just picked up a LM for my 1100 at Power Factor Shooting the have LM for the Mossberg's too!

Edit to add: I use the extended as well, for the reasons listed above.

I also run Briley Extended chokes in my Saiga that I bought from Sean at Power Factor. Love these much much better than the flush Benelli chokes on my Benelli.

Has anyone found online dealers that are stocking the 8+1 right now? I've been waiting for grabagun to get them back in stock for a month.

I am pretty sure you can get them from www.powerfactorshooting.com

930's will use the old winchokes which are slightly extended....just go to a big pawn shop or Ebay and you can get them for not much money...i looked around until i now have just about all of them ....D I C K

like this one http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=285548543

Edited by dickwholliday

So which sizes of chokes do I need for three gun?

Does the JM come with chokes?

The JM comes with 3 chokes and they will do fine. I like the extended chokes so I purchased 3 of those and put the factory chokes in a box...

Does anyone know if Brownells carries these extended Briley chokes for 930? I'm getting ready to order some parts from them anyways, but I'm having hard time finding them. They list Mossberg option in their search criteria, but it just keeps bringing back Browning chokes...

Does anyone know if Brownells carries these extended Briley chokes for 930? I'm getting ready to order some parts from them anyways, but I'm having hard time finding them. They list Mossberg option in their search criteria, but it just keeps bringing back Browning chokes...

yep-the browning invector is interchangeable with the mossberg. just bought a few.

yep-the browning invector is interchangeable with the mossberg. just bought a few.

Great, thanks!

Make sure you get the Invector NOT Invector Plus compatible. Compatible with Winchester also.

Brownells carries the Briley and Carlson extended chokes.

Ordered the LM Carlson, based on forum members feedback, which led me to believe its just as good as Briley's,

at a lower cost.

Mark

Edited by mpom

Make sure you get the Invector NOT Invector Plus compatible. Compatible with Winchester also.

Ordered the LM Carlson, based on forum members feedback, which led me to believe its just as good as Briley's,

at a lower cost.

Mark

Yes, I got the Invector one, not the Plus. I couldn't find Carson extended Mossberg/Win/Invector chokes on their website, other than the ones that have been discontinued.

That seems to be the consensus. I got 9 in mine in stock form the first time I took it out. :devil: There wasn't much room left so I wouldn't want to do it too often as it would probably wreck the mag spring. I do plan on getting a 1 1/2" extension, cause, why not.... I also plan on making a plug so it won't fit 9 for use in those matches where that can get you bumped to open. :sight:

For a plug just cut down a spent shell past where the crimp would be then just put over the end of your spring and thread the end cap back on.

Edited by carbine_red

at a lower cost.

Mark

Yes, I got the Invector one, not the Plus. I couldn't find Carson extended Mossberg/Win/Invector chokes on their website, other than the ones that have been discontinued.

Must be under Sporting Clays choke tubes. Brownells definitely sells them as i just received a light modified extended carlson. Nice workmanship. Need to pattern it as soon as rain stops.

Mark

Is there an easy way to modify the lift gate so it stays up while reloading(I remember seeing some model shotgun that does it automatically after the first one is loaded)? I'm new to the shotgun world so any help would be appreciated.

The Benelli Nova pump gun does that. I never heard of that mod on a semi.

Is there an easy way to modify the lift gate so it stays up while reloading(I remember seeing some model shotgun that does it automatically after the first one is loaded)? I'm new to the shotgun world so any help would be appreciated.

I took my JM pro series out on Friday and put about 75 rounds through it, it ran flawlessly, now if only I can stop short stroking my weak hand reloads, i'll be in good shape for the upcoming 3gun match...