Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester Primers

Destry34

Anybody ever have any problems with winchester primers? I usually use federal or cci's but picked up a 1000 and loaded a few and when seating the primer, they are more than flush. Is there any particular reason or is that something i dont need to worry about? Thanks Destry

i have had 8 or so bad primers in a 5000 count sleeve that i bought a year ago. Im not sure if it was the primers fault or the conditions in which they were treated too before i got them. overall i think i got unlucky in some way shape or form. Ive used probably 10k before that with no issues whatsoever.

When I began reloading I tried to stick to one type of primer. CCI500 in the case of 9mm/40. However I eventually moved to accepting different brands.

Winchester is without a doubt my favorite though and my go to primer.

I use a lot of different primers, I just stock up when things are on sale or when most is not available I buy whats available. I have a lot of winchester primers and they work well. I also purchased 25000 wolf and tulu primers that I payed 15 dollars a thousand for and they are great. Other than being a little more oompf to seat. They seat rather tight but go bang atleast for me. Good luck.

The only primers I have ever had any issues with were Wolf. Don't know why, but I was getting about a 10, to 15 percent failure rate.

I have been using Winchester for the last few months with good results.

Edited by Bansheex