Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS STATE LIMITED CHAMPIONSHIP

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm IN!

Just got back from mailing my entry form and match fee.

I've never been to any but Level I matches. Been meaning to hit the Texas State Limited for several years, particularly because it's convenient to me. My grandmother lives just outside of Breckenridge, so I have a place I can spend the night for free. :lol:

I have shot a couple of local matches at that range and keep telling them I'm going to make it down for the TSLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jimmy,

I got one word, Open, Open, Open. I don't own a Limited gun, nor would I shoot one as I shoot Open much good'er :-).

Lee

I shoot open much better as well, but the funny thing is I love this match, and while I'm not a big dawg daddy, I'm sure thinking of humbling myself with my Sti Edge and shooting this match.

If you caught a fish on every cast how much fun would that be? It would be like the worst hunting season of my life when I tagged out on the opening morning of Deer season, only hunted a 1/2 day that year.

And that Jimmy and his wife are some of the nicest folks in shooting!

No doubt Jimmy and Artie are great folks and the match is fun....just saying, if they need more apps.....open up the Open division and see what happens. If the numbers make and you can have class trophies, great, if not, a division trophy is all good. If not, Nic and I will still show up and shoot Open for no published score.

As to catching a fish with every cast...hum, the last time I shot Limited, I wished I was out fishing. It's no good if you use the fiber optic front sight just like a C-More dot, you don't hit too much :-).

Lee

Edited by lneel

That's why I use a GREEN fiber optic! :roflol:

No doubt Jimmy and Artie are great folks and the match is fun....just saying, if they need more apps.....open up the Open division and see what happens. If the numbers make and you can have class trophies, great, if not, a division trophy is all good. If not, Nic and I will still show up and shoot Open for no published score.

As to catching a fish with every cast...hum, the last time I shot Limited, I wished I was out fishing. It's no good if you use the fiber optic front sight just like a C-More dot, you don't hit too much :-).

Lee

---OK! HERE'S THE DEAL-----OPEN--OPEN--OPEN! SHOW UP AND I'LL BUY THE BUCKLE--AND SEE WHAT ELSE WE CAN DO.

ALSO YA'LL HAVE BEGGED FOR LTD-10---AT "SPACE CITY"-BACK IN APRIL-----IT IS IN!--- BUT I HAVE ONE (1) ENTRY!

----BY THE WAY I HAD A FEW FOLKS TELL ME THAT I SHOULD DROP THE "BUCKLE THING" AND PUT MORE MONEY IN THE PRIZE TABLE---IN THE PAST THE BUCKLES WERE DONATED BY LOCAL BUSINESS ---BUT THE LAST TWO YEARS THEY ARE DONATED BY JUST TWO PEOPLE---BILL HAGGARD AND ME. SO THE SHOOTERS MONEY GOES TO PUTTING THE MATCH ON AND THE PRIZE TABLE.

I ALSO HEARD FROM SOME FOLKS AT THIS YEARS' "DOUBLE TAP" THAT THE 2012 TSL MATCH WAS FULL!! WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS KIND OF CRAP EVERY YEAR AND THEN TRY TO GET THE WORD OUT THAT IT IS NOT FULL-----DON'T KNOW WHO STARTS THE RUMORS BUT I SUSPECT IT IS THE SAME PERSON EVERY TIME!---ALSO WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ---"I HEARD THEY WERE GONNA CANCEL!"---WELL SAME THING WE HAVE CANCELLED ONCE IN 20 YEARS ---WHY? ----CAUSE NO BODY SIGNED UP! WE ARE GONNA PUT THE MATCH ON THIS YEAR ---EVEN IF WE HAVE THE 70 OR SO ENTRIES THAT I SEE NOW ---AND THAT NUMBER INCLUDES STAFF AND ROS.

• 2 weeks later...

HI YA'LL-----OK--- WE HAVE 1 REVOLVER PERSON, 1 L-10 AND THESE ARE THE ONES THAT BEGGED FOR A DIVISION. 5 OPEN-?---ONE GM LIMITED PERSON SWITCHED TO SINGLE STACK ----TROPHY HUNTIN I GUESS!CAUSE THE OTHER SINGLE STACKERS ARE ALL C CLASS.

MARK----WHERE IS YOUR ENTRY FOR OPEN?