Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Akai comp/ Azone

ffgats

I've shot guns with both of these comps. The Akai Comp was on a 4 hole hybrid pushing HS6(I think, pretty sure, not 100%) in 38SC and the Azone was on a 3 hole hybrid pushing N350 38 super. Both were great. The Akai system seemed to be flatter, but it was more aggresive and kept you on your toes more. The Azone system was almost as flat and to me felt a bit softer, but was easier for me to time. I think both are great comps and don't think either would be a bad choice. The Azone setup felt/timed more closely to what I was used too with my gun. So for me personally the Azone felt more natural. I have no doubt that I could shoot just as well with the Akai system if I got used to it.

In 9 major, I really liked the Azone, soft and reasonably flat, dot was straight up and straight down. I haven't shot the Akai comp in 9 major, but a couple of the Florida guys I know speak highly. In the end I think either comp will get the job done. Flip a coin, pick one of the comps, develope a load and shoot the crap out of it. If I get the chance to shoot the Akai in 9 major I will post back.

Disclaimer, I'm not a pro, but I'm not the worst either, and I'm still learning. So, know that this tip comes from a regular dude.

Hello: Once you add holes in the barrel any comp can be changed on how they react. I will be testing with no holes in the barrel to make it fair and test the comp only. Comp weight comes into play also if you like a lighter pistol then use a lighter comp or shorter barrel. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Once you add holes in the barrel any comp can be changed on how they react. I will be testing with no holes in the barrel to make it fair and test the comp only. Comp weight comes into play also if you like a lighter pistol then use a lighter comp or shorter barrel. Thanks, Eric

The Enos world is waiting for this test. I have a crisp George Washington for you if you can expedite the test before next season.

Hello: I have the Akai and a Dawson Thanks, Eric

Eric, do you notice any difference between the two?

Seriously?

Diehli, sounds like you have compared the two side-by-side.

What differences have you found? :)

My question was about why you would intentionally edit out the portion of Eric's post that directly answered the question you asked.

• 2 years later...