Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cz czechmate

nick romero

They're great if you like the ergo's (I love 'em), and the big stick runs.

I dont know how long of a load the mags will take, but what I've seen and read about they start to choke when you load really long. So, you have even fewer powders to make Major in 9 and load short. I have a buddy who's using Silhouette and loading to 1.145 with CMJ's. His runs pretty well.

Just purchased one last week and shot my first match with it this last weekend. I had NO(Zero) time to practice with it. I really like it. Trigger reset is a little longer than I am used to, so caused me to not get my second shot off. The trigger pull is excellent! I am really looking forward to competing with this gun. I say buy it!

One guy shoots a checkmate around here regularly. He has a heck of a time getting his rounds to feed reliably with the big stick. Other than that it runs great.

My buddy's big stick wont run reliably either, so he sticks to the regular factory mags.

I borrowed it for SMM3G and for 3-gun shooting minor, I love it.

The fact that you have to load short and the somewhat outdated comp make me slightly more skeptical about using it for major.

One guy shoots a checkmate around here regularly. He has a heck of a time getting his rounds to feed reliably with the big stick. Other than that it runs great.

too bad about the big stick. we have several of those mags at the shop. is the mag spring? follow position? what's not running about it?

I think Scott is talking about the gun that I now have. The guts of that big stick have been replaced with grams. It is running great for me, I can start with 28 in the gun. I did notice that JHP bullets would sometimes catch the front of the mag. I am using round nose bullets now and have yet to have an issue. That was the big stick in the last stage on the video above. Other than not being able to find the dot on the draw, everything worked great.

I have a couple of the long magazines with Gram's to get them to run reliably and maximize capacity. I think the issue with them is they use the 40 dimensions where the magazine tapers down causing not enough support for the 9mm rounds. I was getting random nose dives into the front of the

magazine whether I loaded a long oal(1.165) or short (1.050). Short mags run great with factory internals and CZ Custom base pads.

Just purchased one last week and shot my first match with it this last weekend. I had NO(Zero) time to practice with it. I really like it. Trigger reset is a little longer than I am used to, so caused me to not get my second shot off. The trigger pull is excellent! I am really looking forward to competing with this gun. I say buy it!

Appers you can drive that thing pretty well....

Finally got a chance to shoot a Czechmate the other day.

Very nice, now I just have to save my pennies up.

I just wish they would sell one without the Limited conversion and without the scope and mount to make it more affordable. Feels a little silly to pay extra for conversion parts I dont need/want as well as having to spend another couple/few hundred on top of that to have it set up the way I want.

There were rumors about that happening, but I havent seen or heard anything more about it...

• 1 month later...

Thread drift/

At 1:00 you shoot through the mesh fencing. (Did I see that correctly?) That's a big no go where I shoot. We did have an out-of-towner who asked if he could shoot through the road fencing which is used on walls to make them lighter and more portable, and everyone looked at him like he was crazy. He said they did that were he comes from. Maybe he's normal and we are the strange ones.

Thread drift/

At 1:00 you shoot through the mesh fencing. (Did I see that correctly?) That's a big no go where I shoot. We did have an out-of-towner who asked if he could shoot through the road fencing which is used on walls to make them lighter and more portable, and everyone looked at him like he was crazy. He said they did that were he comes from. Maybe he's normal and we are the strange ones.

I shoot at the same club with Heckler, so I'll answer. Yes, you saw correctly. Normally our walls are solid hard cover, even the snow fences like that one. The stage designer on that given saturday decided to make that wall soft cover, so you could shoot through it.

• 3 months later...

Our local range has one in it's rental rack, and pulled out out as a "mystery gun" during a recent team shooting competition. I thought it was a brilliant gun, and I had zero feed issues, even when using "range" ammo (Federal Target White box). I really need to buy one, or at least another very nice CZ75....