Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miller Precision Arms

Keep us posted, looks like it might not throw quite as much gas back towards the shooter from the side ports like the Titan does but probably more from the top. Still looks promising and has to weigh less then the 5 or so ounces of a Titan.

Any updates on how it works Jesse? :D

It is super flat sitting in its box:). I am in the middle of my busy season at work in the greenhouse. By busy I mean we do 65% of our annual business in April. I haven't shot a round all month. I'll get it out for some testing in May.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been running this comp for several months on several rifles

My buddy tested directly against the Titan and preferred the miiller

As we all know they are very personal

We want to get a bunch of them together and conduct some back to back tests using perhaps a laser aimed at a target and a high speed camera

Thanks for the thread.

I was - as far as I know - the 1st one to review it as Brandon is a friend.

tacticalgunreview (dot) com/blog/2011/12/miller-precision-arms-hammerhead-muzzle-break/

What I think sets this thing appart is the negative egg shape of the baffles, much like a booster nozel for a rocket. Everything else has flat sides.

We are planning on doing a fairly comprehensive test when we can gather all the comps to test. I have personally shot it against an SJC titan on the same rifle on the same day and can tell you from my personal experience the 4moa aimpoint dot doesnt move.

The last AR15targets.com night match a shot, a few of my bullet holes were so close to gether they covered them with a single peice of tape and that has never happened before.

It gives the other guys in your squad a headache.. but it doesnt bother me, becuase I am yelling "Get some... get some!!" while I'm running and gunning.

:)

Thanks for the thread.

I was - as far as I know - the 1st one to review it as Brandon is a friend.

tacticalgunreview (dot) com/blog/2011/12/miller-precision-arms-hammerhead-muzzle-break/

What I think sets this thing appart is the negative egg shape of the baffles, much like a booster nozel for a rocket. Everything else has flat sides.

We are planning on doing a fairly comprehensive test when we can gather all the comps to test. I have personally shot it against an SJC titan on the same rifle on the same day and can tell you from my personal experience the 4moa aimpoint dot doesnt move.

The last AR15targets.com night match a shot, a few of my bullet holes were so close to gether they covered them with a single peice of tape and that has never happened before.

It gives the other guys in your squad a headache.. but it doesnt bother me, becuase I am yelling "Get some... get some!!" while I'm running and gunning.

:)

How far were the targets and were they fast double taps?

Makes a big difference!

The same distance and type of shooting that they were the other time I wasn't shooting the miller.

I was not trying to be a smart ass.

A fast double tap at 15 yds, cannot be compared to one at say 30yds.

For instance, with my set up I can do 2" at 35 yds.

At 15 yds, a paster will cover both shots.

So, how far were you shooting to cover both shots with a paster?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I installed everything last night. I too thought it was a titan copy at first glance. Onvioiskybit is building off sevetal of the design features of the Titan. However Having the Titan and this comp side-by-side the MPA comp has smaller ports and more rearward angle. I didn't think a shorter two hole comp could stand a chance against my current favorite Titan but I think this is going to be interesting.

I am letting the loctite dry today. I'll be shooting it tomorrow after work side-by-side on identical Stag Arms 3G 18" Rifle length has rifles.

As a side note I installed a new clamp on Syrac Ordnance adjustable gas block in the gun. Damn those are nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...