Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg or Remington

usmc1974

Remington by far as longas it starts with Versa-Max

The Versa-Max "seems" to be a really nice shotgun - especially for those who are doing the 2 at a time loading.... Ty Gentry is shooting one and his M2 is in the closet - at least for now. I am interested in seeing how it fairs after a "few" more (tens of) thousands of rounds are run through it....

When I see Kort Mueller with one I will know it is really ready for prime time.closedeyes.gif

Still heavier and more parts than an M2 though.....

I would never have thought that. I always used Mossberg pumps back when I was hunting because they cost less. I guess I will have to look into a 930JM.

What is two at a time loading? Is it kind of like the way a cowboy shootet loads a 97? One in the open chamber an one in the mag to close the bolt?

Edited by usmc1974

I would never have thought that. I always used Mossberg pumps back when I was hunting because they cost less. I guess I will have to look into a 930JM.

What is two at a time loading? Is it kind of like the way a cowboy shootet loads a 97? One in the open chamber an one in the mag to close the bolt?

Follow this link & watch the video. It is pretty impressive. http://www.carbonarms.us/TWinS-Shotgun-Loading-Systems/Carbon-Arms-TWinS-FSL-8-round.html

MLM

Follow this link & watch the video. It is pretty impressive. http://www.carbonarms.us/TWinS-Shotgun-Loading-Systems/Carbon-Arms-TWinS-FSL-8-round.html

MLM

pretty cool video.

Edited by usmc1974

No less a three gun personage than Bruce Piatt advised me to get a Remington Tac-6 as an entry level shotgun. I couldn't find one so I bought an old 1100 and cloned my own. It has (crossed fingers) never jammed. I am not very good at three gun but I can't blame my dismal results on my equipment.

My one complaint is that the loading port was not made for speed loading and can't really be modified effectively. When I start losing matches by seconds instead of minutes (hours, days) I will have a look at the 930JM or a tricked out Versamax.

My one complaint is that the loading port was not made for speed loading and can't really be modified effectively. When I start losing matches by seconds instead of minutes (hours, days) I will have a look at the 930JM or a tricked out Versamax.

Yes it can I put a Daves easy loader on mine. Much faster to reload. I took the advice of the guys here and cut off the front 1/3 or so of it so my thumb did not get stuck.

930JM for sure over an 1100 or a CZ712.

It sure is looking like the Versa-Max is going to be the hot ticket eventually... The fastest Quad Loads I have heard about are into 3 1/2" guns, which the VM is.

Well, I currently run an 1100. I shot and have been toying with a buddies 930. I ordered a 930 JM yesterday. BTW found it on GB, there was another one up last night from the same guy for 595 shipped. They can be had for cheaper, but I am impatient. A versa max, FN or Benelli are all almost twice that or more. I don't shoot three gun enough to warrant that expense, and I'm saving for another S_I. If the 930 doesn't work, mossberg seems to do good at rectifying the situation.

An 1100 will at least be in the ball park price wise but you say money doesn't matter if that's true.

ETA I have an EZ loader on mine and have cut it as recommended and can load every other shotgun faster, 930, Benelli, FN..I was toying with the idea of installing the longer factor button for their tactical but I think the Remington is going to always give a bit with that button over a one piece lifter.

The above is worth what you paid for it....

Edited by shooting for M

I don't know I took my Remington 1100 out today and ran 100 round through it. Ran smooth as glass. Federal value pack. The Daves easyloader worked great too. Hard to see letting go of that cash right now. still that Mossberg is a good looking gun.

Copy20of20100_01651.jpg

In Open and Limited I've had less problems with 930 compared to 11-87.

I wouldn't mind trying a versa max though.....

But until I win lottery it's gonna be 930.

Nick

I got my Versa Max 26" for $1174 after state tax at my local shop. But that's still some big coin, I suppose. I like it very much.

It's months away, but if you will be at Rockcastle ProAm, let me formally invite you to try mine at the match. I had some serious work done on it by Jeff Cockrum. Runs great, but it ran nicely before just with the Devil's Own Pitchfork Lifter! :devil:

Have a 1100 and do well with it but if i were buying it now i would go 930 JM. I got it when i was first starting 3 gun and was familiar with the platform and couldnt spring for a benelli and got it cheap so i went with it. It does need to be kept clean which I dont mind doing as it is like a 5 min job

In Open and Limited I've had less problems with 930 compared to 11-87.

I wouldn't mind trying a versa max though.....

But until I win lottery it's gonna be 930.

Nick

I got my Versa Max 26" for $1174 after state tax at my local shop. But that's still some big coin, I suppose. I like it very much.

It's months away, but if you will be at Rockcastle ProAm, let me formally invite you to try mine at the match. I had some serious work done on it by Jeff Cockrum. Runs great, but it ran nicely before just with the Devil's Own Pitchfork Lifter! :devil:

Thanks. I think I'll have a chance once Mark Roth(X-Rail) gets done playing with his test Versa Max.

Hopefully it won't take to long.

Nick

I may X-rail this sucker this summer. I've got the +8 Nordic tube sitting in my home office ready to go any time. I'm trying to convince myself that Open is the way to go for me. I like "toys" and hate loading the shotgun. LOVE shooting the shotgun, however. :D