Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 4.5 second reload

I am about to order a pair of FSL 12s and there are options listed for "attachment". I am going to put them on a Safariland ELS belt so do I order them without attachment options and screw on an ELS 34 fork on the back? Also the Carbon Arms website shows the FSL 12s on back order with a 4/15 due date...is that still true?

Going to put a Safariland 082 on the left of the two 12s for loading 1 or 2 on the move. Smart idea or not? That puts me up to 36 rounds with the 8 in the 930 JM Pro.

I am about to order a pair of FSL 12s and there are options listed for "attachment". I am going to put them on a Safariland ELS belt so do I order them without attachment options and screw on an ELS 34 fork on the back? Also the Carbon Arms website shows the FSL 12s on back order with a 4/15 due date...is that still true?

Going to put a Safariland 082 on the left of the two 12s for loading 1 or 2 on the move. Smart idea or not? That puts me up to 36 rounds with the 8 in the 930 JM Pro.

If you are going to mount on ELS, order with "None". We have most of the pieces, but have not filled the backorders yet. Running a match, so will have a bunch of stuff shipping out next week. Shotgun loading is about what works for you. Might have to try mixing loads techniques and see. If it does not work, a lot of guys are running a pinwheel with the FSL for thos quick loads or loads on the run.

If you are going to mount on ELS, order with "None". We have most of the pieces, but have not filled the backorders yet. Running a match, so will have a bunch of stuff shipping out next week. Shotgun loading is about what works for you. Might have to try mixing loads techniques and see. If it does not work, a lot of guys are running a pinwheel with the FSL for thos quick loads or loads on the run.

A newbie at 3Gun and don't know any other loading techniques so I am going to practice/learn the load 4 with FSL and the Pinwheel as they look to be the current best thing going. I will take your advice on getting the pinwheel rather than the 082. I am a pretty darn good Cowboy Shooter so I am not a total newb at the action shooting sports...

Thanks for good advice.

I am also fairly new and am very glad I went with the FSL 12 units I have. Load 2, Load 4, more traditional weak-hand or strong-hand reload......all are options depending on how you position the shells in the FSL or how you grab them. I still don't like loading the shotgun, but this makes it much more tolerable to me. Great products! And, as you can see, Mark is very generous with his commentary and experience sharing.

I think this will be something I will be looking more closely at. My shotgun loading and shooting is the weak part of my game, especially the loading.

Caddies are a little on the pricey side though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never mind in saw the second video... Madre de Dios... That is fast :surprise:

If you want to try them let me know.

My first time out my best time (from a true low ready, steel, load 8, then steel again) was 6.4 seconds?

Of course most of the ones I didn't screw up were in the low 8's.

And of course I screwed up more than I didn't. :roflol: But it was my first time trying it.

I think the quad loading is a great method for people with medium/small hands. Because my hands are fairly large and I think it would be easier if my hands were smaller.