Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Winning the Lottery

jkrispies

The lottery is a pipe dream. Me, I'm working on my 3rd million.....having given up on the first two. :roflol:

With the odds on winning around 135,000,000 to 1, calling it a pipe dream is being vastly generous. It is a tax on the stupid.

Pat

Having worked in education for 16 years, I can say with a fair amount of confidence that the lottery had done virtually nothing for the schools. Even though it's against the law, the attitude of he state has been "So that's earned $1 million for schools, in that case they can afford it if we cut funding on our end by $1.5 million."

No, the lottery is nothing more than legalized gambling with the convenience of unmanned booths at your corner market. And, yes, it is stupid.

I find the loottery fun. I think it is a waste of money, but hey, 5 bucks, and what if by some chance you win? I think not working, and just shooting as much as I could. Hell, even sponsor a shooting team. Lots of fun to be had with all that money. :sight:

IBTL.

Besides all the good it does for education (where's the 'sarc' emoticon when you need it?), playing the lottery is great for the, 'How cool could I be if I won?' dreams.

Me -- first thing I'd do, before I cashed it in or told anyone I'd won, would be call everyone I know or am even distantly related to, and ask them if I could borrow $100.