Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Start Position "Surrender"

Sarge

Since surrender is not defined in the rule book and I can't find a ruling anywhere on it, What constitutes the "surrender" start position?

"Wrists above shoulders" is the way to go in WSB's these days but you still occasionally run across "surrender".

I've only found in specifically defined in the Steel Challenge rule book:

5.2.2 In center fire competition, hands are to be held in the “surrender position” with wrists and hands above the shoulders and fully visible from behind.

do we REALLY need "respective?" who's going to put their left wrist above their right shoulder and vice versa? :roflol:

Old school gamers would put BOTH wrists above their shoulder on the "holster" side of their body, thereby making for a (supposedly) quicker draw.

Edited by Chris Keen

do we REALLY need "respective?" who's going to put their left wrist above their right shoulder and vice versa? :roflol:

Old school gamers would put BOTH wrists above their shoulder on the "holster" side of their body, thereby making for a (supposedly) quicker draw.

eh, i didn't consider that but don't really how one could articulate an advantage. silly gamers. i guess i'm tired though, i'm surprised i didn't consider that.

Edited by spanky

I guess I am old school. :)

Could you bend at the waist to get closer to the holster with your hands above your shoulders? :)

Nothing in "Wrists above shoulders" or "Surrender" negates the rest of the principal description of otherwise "Standing naturally" ... as described in 8.2.2.

Edited by Schutzenmeister

Could you bend at the waist to get closer to the holster with your hands above your shoulders? :)

Nothing in "Wrists above shoulders" or "Surrender" negates the rest of the principal description of otherwise "Standing naturally" ... as described in 8.2.2.

That is an interesting take on it.

I've always read that as...default OR what is specifically specified in the WSB. Not some combination of the two. So, if (as stage designer) I am not using the default, then whatever I put in the WSB is what it is...however lacking or complete that may be.

Wouldn't that create another circumstance in that they are above horizonally but not vertically, so they are really not above your shoulders but are lateral to them. :cheers::eatdrink::roflol:

Wouldn't that create another circumstance in that they are above horizonally but not vertically, so they are really not above your shoulders but are lateral to them. :cheers::eatdrink::roflol:

Well considering the other thread about magwell flaring where longitudinal has been interpreted to mean "all the way around", there shouldn't be any problem the word "lateral". :lol:

• 2 weeks later...