Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GUN AT BGSL Saturday 3-24-12

It's the odd month 4th Saturday. Time for BGSL 3GUN.

Round count is aprox 60 pistol, 45/55 shot, and 75 rifle. Looks like 4 multi-gun stages and 1 long shotgun.

Please read the web page before coming. Set up starts at 8:15.

My link

See everyone Saturday!

Greg

Looking forward to it. Greg I don't see any mention of shotgun slugs this time so I am assuming the the long shotgun course you referred to is high round count and not long range targets. See ya Saturday.

I am planning on shooting in this BGSL 3 Gun. I am a new shooter with a couple of questions for the guys who have shot here before ( or any match ). My equipment right now is XDM 5.25 9mm, I have 3 magazines all 19 rounds. Will I need more than 3? I will be using the holster that came with the XDM along with the mag holder ( I do have another mag holder that came with my XDM 40 ). Is this set-up okay to use?? I do not have a belt system set-up yet I was going to shoot a couple of 3 guns to see what I really need. Can I use my back pockets for my extra Pmags for rifle? Can I use my front pockets for extra shotgun shells? Any advice on a cheap route for shotgun shells? Would a shell bag be better than pockets? Any advice I would appreciate. As far as my rifle goes I am happy with the setup. I have a LMT with Burris Tac 30. Now shotgun not so good. I will have to use for now my 870. I was going to add the mag. extension but I did not want to alter the tube. Yes it has the dimples. I do look forward to coming down and I have to say I'm pretty nervous about it. I was coming with 2 other friends but they have bailed on me. So I will be coming solo. My main goal is to not look like a complete idiot!

I doubt you will need more mags. I can bring some 24 rd XDm 5.25 9mm mags if you want to borrow them: look for me.

Your equipment sounds fine but with 1 all shotgun stage and a 5 round 870 you're gonna need a lot of pockets or holders for sg shells. Pockets are fine for rifle mags and sg shells. Just slower

Not looking like an idiot may seem like a worthy goal: I've had a lot more fun since Ive given that one up!

See ya there

Edited by Steve Umansky

I am planning on shooting in this BGSL 3 Gun. I am a new shooter with a couple of questions for the guys who have shot here before ( or any match ). My equipment right now is XDM 5.25 9mm, I have 3 magazines all 19 rounds. Will I need more than 3? I will be using the holster that came with the XDM along with the mag holder ( I do have another mag holder that came with my XDM 40 ). Is this set-up okay to use?? I do not have a belt system set-up yet I was going to shoot a couple of 3 guns to see what I really need. Can I use my back pockets for my extra Pmags for rifle? Can I use my front pockets for extra shotgun shells? Any advice on a cheap route for shotgun shells? Would a shell bag be better than pockets? Any advice I would appreciate. As far as my rifle goes I am happy with the setup. I have a LMT with Burris Tac 30. Now shotgun not so good. I will have to use for now my 870. I was going to add the mag. extension but I did not want to alter the tube. Yes it has the dimples. I do look forward to coming down and I have to say I'm pretty nervous about it. I was coming with 2 other friends but they have bailed on me. So I will be coming solo. My main goal is to not look like a complete idiot!

If you want to squad with us we can help with your anxiety. Ever notice it is hard to pick one bird out of a flock? It is the same thing with people that do things that make them look like an idiot. You will be safe in our flock.

We will point out your mistakes and make fun of you to your face, but we expect the same feedback in return.

I might let you borrow a couple of shell caddies for the long shotgun stage as well.

The mags sound fine. I usually just carry 1 extra pistol mag and throw an extra rifle mag in the back pocket as a backup. I do run a 45 rounder for the rifle but usually you can get by with a 30 on most stages without a reload. A shell bag would be better than pockets. The strippers are the best they need a little practice to get down right.

Don't worry about looking like an idiot.We shoot with a fellow who seems to pull that off on a daily basis lol :sight:

Edited by EkuJustice

Thanks for the kind words guys and offering the use of equipment. Did a practice run tonight with my pmags and SG shells in my pockets............WOW had a hard time keeping my pants up! You guys dont want to see that remember "crack kills"! I am going to run up to Bass Pro and just pick up a SG shell bag it has to be better than my front pockets. Looking like an idiot isn't so bad (ask my wife I seem to excel at that) I just want to avoid total idiot status. The nerves will be there thats just my nature I just want to avoid any DQ's. As far as equipment I know the 870 isn't the ideal situation but for now I will have to live with it. I have bought my LMT, and 2 XDM's in the past 8 weeks plus my Burris Tac30. So the shotgun will have to wait for awhile. I do have my eye on a FNH SLP MK 1 but i don't dare bring the subject up with the wife right now. I do look forward to talking with guys and looking at what belts, rigs, SG shell caddys others are running. I didn't just want to order a bunch of stuff without doing the hands on research. I plan on getting down there around 8-8:15 so I look forward to meeting you guys. Lead-Head I would love to shoot with you guys. I can make fun of myself I am pretty good at that. I grew up shooting trap and have been out of shooting for a long time. Can't wait.

Be sure to check the BGSL 3-Gun page tonight at 8PM. It looks like Greg has a note about the weather.

Taken from the BGSL 3-Gun page:

"Weather is looking a little rough for Sat, 50% rain, maybe thunderstorms. I will make shooting call by 8pm Friday night and post here."

Thank you for posting. I was just going to ask about the weather.

from the BGSL website

We are a go for tomorrow. We have a window tomorrow between 8am and 2pm. 30% chance of a showers. There will be a "few showers" and it will be wet in some bays. We will have 4 stages in Pit 1 due to the weather. We will start early and shoot quick! Be be early to help set up so we can get done before the thunderstorms around 2pm. Bring rain gear and boots. Garbage bags to cover guns. Cross your fingers for no rain!

from the BGSL website

We are a go for tomorrow. We have a window tomorrow between 8am and 2pm. 30% chance of a showers. There will be a "few showers" and it will be wet in some bays. We will have 4 stages in Pit 1 due to the weather. We will start early and shoot quick! Be be early to help set up so we can get done before the thunderstorms around 2pm. Bring rain gear and boots. Garbage bags to cover guns. Cross your fingers for no rain!

Are you planning on starting shooting at 8:00??

from the BGSL website

Are you planning on starting shooting at 8:00??

Steve,

Check out the website. It looks like they are just really pushing to start at 1000 and shoot "quickly" See below cut and paste from BGSL:

"We are a go for tomorrow. We have a window tomorrow between 8am and 2pm. 30% chance of a showers. There will be a "few showers" and it will be wet in some bays. We will have 4 stages in Pit 1 due to the weather. We will start early (hopefully right at 10am) and shoot quick! Be be early to help set up so we can get done before the thunderstorms around 2pm. Bring rain gear and boots. Garbage bags to cover guns. Cross your fingers for no rain!"