Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P extended mag release

Aggieddad02

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mwm, this afternoon when I placed my order and saw they were sold out I called Stephen Pineau over at 21st Century Gunfighter and he told me that they should be in within 2 weeks and that they will fill my order at that time. If you are really wanting one you may want to go ahead and order so you have priority.

• 2 weeks later...

The interchangeable backstraps will certainly help some shooters be able to get their thumb to the button without having to change the their grip during a reload, but having an extended button that is profiled to be easier to engage once you have the proper backstrap on your pistol is just that much better. You wan't have to mash the button all the way into the frame this way. I've already removed a tiny bit of material around the base of my factory button to make it feel a little better. I just shaved off a smidge with a new utility knife blade.

The last contact I had with Costa said that it would be late this month before they were able to ship their current backorders. I thought it was a little odd that they charged me before shipping. I thought that most companies wait until they are able to ship your product before charging you for it...

I too was charged already.

Got this email today.

Good evening Nick.

Your order will ship when the Catalyst is back in stock. We expect that to be around April 15.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Costa

For $4.05 you can buy a spare from SSS. (Heck, buy two.)

Then drill a small hole and loctite a small screw it one.

Nope, not pretty but works just fine.

Make sure there's enough clearance in your holster, regardless of which extended mag release you use/make, so that the mag isn't released when the gun is holstered. A little filing will work just fine on Kydex.

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_90_115&products_id=1015

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

I wondered if that was an option. What about drilling hole and inserting a small screw without a head for an anchor and then using epoxy or something similar to "build" up the button? I've never done stuff like this, but I have seen a few grips where someone has built them up with epoxy or a similar material. Thoughts?

I wondered if that was an option. What about drilling hole and inserting a small screw without a head for an anchor and then using epoxy or something similar to "build" up the button? I've never done stuff like this, but I have seen a few grips where someone has built them up with epoxy or a similar material. Thoughts?

There's a metal bar embedded in the the mag release, so you can't drill too deep. You could drill a small pilot hole and insert a role pin, then build it up with what ever material you'd like. But at this point what's your time worth?

It can only be installed in one direction, so the built up area has to be the same size or smaller than the original diameter.

$25 + shipping and pop it in may look like a bargain to some, others that like to tinker may enjoy building there own.

Sent an e-mail to Costa Ludus inquiring as to the status of inventory, I knew the demand was high. Got a reply that they are expecting the next batch around April 15 but would ship as soon as they are received. Hoping that they may get them sooner than later. On another note I just got my cast off my broken ankle and it may be a couple of months before I get to "run and gun" but plan to start working on draw time, reloads and target acquisition.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, not sure what kind of luck the rest of you guys are having, but I haven't seen or heard anything from this company that has been holding my $$ for a month or so now...

Anyone else received their back-ordered product?

Well, not sure what kind of luck the rest of you guys are having, but I haven't seen or heard anything from this company that has been holding my $$ for a month or so now...

Anyone else received their back-ordered product?

Two posts above yours. Next batch due around April 15th.

Sent an e-mail to Costa Ludus inquiring as to the status of inventory, I knew the demand was high. Got a reply that they are expecting the next batch around April 15 but would ship as soon as they are received. Hoping that they may get them sooner than later. On another note I just got my cast off my broken ankle and it may be a couple of months before I get to "run and gun" but plan to start working on draw time, reloads and target acquisition.

Checked the Costa Ludus website today and found the following information -

http://www.costaludus.com/shop/cart.cfm?cmd=view.scat&tcat=2&scat=1006