Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P extended mag release

Aggieddad02

For $4.05 you can buy a spare from SSS. (Heck, buy two.)

Then drill a small hole and loctite a small screw it one.

Nope, not pretty but works just fine.

Make sure there's enough clearance in your holster, regardless of which extended mag release you use/make, so that the mag isn't released when the gun is holstered. A little filing will work just fine on Kydex.

http://www.speedshoo...roducts_id=1015

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Eight months after I've installed the screw and it still works great. (It should, it's a factory release with a small screw installed) :roflol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread...does anyone know of an extended mag release in works? If not I'm going the screw route. Thanks.

I'm still using mine with a screw in it. Two items worth mentioning. 1) When you drill into your mag release you will hit the steel bar that holds your mag in place. Nothing to worry about because it's just imbedded in the release and you won't be anywhere near were it holds the mag. 2) After you have it drilled and start your screw, remove the srcew and grind / file the pointed tip off, this will let the screw go deeper into the mag release.

So so anyone know how to order one of these mag release buttons?

Last I heard they were removed from their site because of the sudden rash of problems with the metal insert wearing and not holding the mag in place but I have nothing to confirm that.

I hope to have the mold started for our new mag release button next week, the prototype looks good and we just need to get started on the mold so we can make a batch.

Edited by kend

So so anyone know how to order one of these mag release buttons?

Last I heard they were removed from their site because of the sudden rash of problems with the metal insert wearing and not holding the mag in place but I have nothing to confirm that.

I hope to have the mold started for our new mag release button next week, the prototype looks good and we just need to get started on the mold so we can make a batch.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Having bought a bunch of stuff from SSS before I know and trust that you'll produce a good product and stand behind it.

Do you have a price point for this item yet?