Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P extended mag release

Aggieddad02

Latest news on the Catalyst

Good afternoon Nick.

Unfortunately no. I just received word about an hour ago the Catalyst has been delayed due to a set back with the the laser cutter. We are now looking at a revised ship date of May 7.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Costa

Costa Ludus

www.costaludus.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I sent them an e-mail yesterday but no response yet. If I do not receive a response within a couple of days or if they are still backordered it may be time to request a refund. I will post up any reply I receive.

Just got this reply to yesterday's e-mail -

"Good afternoon, Walter.

Your Catalyst order will be shipping out tomorrow via USPS"

I will let yall know when I receive it

I hope mine is in that batch. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

No, the 45 and 9mm use the same mag release. The Catalyst is worth every single penny though. I got mine in last week (about a week to get it after ordering) and it is night and day. I like to shoot as if my right hand is glued in place at the palm, so breaking the grip to hit the stock mag release would really just screw up my 1st shot after a reload since I'd be readjusting my hands and usually throw the shot. Now I can get it so that once I slam a mag home my left hand just follows the gun to the top and tucks in between the frame and the ESP magwell (also highly recommend, adds a ton of support along with helping reloads) No thought involved and one of my biggest weaknesses was always my reloads, about an hour of dry fire practice with this release and magwell and I haven't had to practice it since. Let's me focus on that stupid flinch!

• 3 weeks later...

No, the 45 and 9mm use the same mag release. The Catalyst is worth every single penny though. I got mine in last week (about a week to get it after ordering) and it is night and day. I like to shoot as if my right hand is glued in place at the palm, so breaking the grip to hit the stock mag release would really just screw up my 1st shot after a reload since I'd be readjusting my hands and usually throw the shot. Now I can get it so that once I slam a mag home my left hand just follows the gun to the top and tucks in between the frame and the ESP magwell (also highly recommend, adds a ton of support along with helping reloads) No thought involved and one of my biggest weaknesses was always my reloads, about an hour of dry fire practice with this release and magwell and I haven't had to practice it since. Let's me focus on that stupid flinch!

Update on this, I've read a few reports and witnessed one in person of these mag catches failing. Today I took mine out to check it and just like all of the others, the metal insert is chipped and bent downward (eventually leading to the mag dropping free without pressing the button) $30 wasted, going the loctited screw route and tossing this in the trash.

I got one of these a couple weeks ago and did about 50 reloads with it. I wasn't impressed at all. It kept sticking when depressed and the front edge was uncomfortably sharp. I could have sanded it down a little bit, but the sticking was already pissing me off.

I'm sticking with the stock unit. I've done really well with it so far and honestly don't know why I wanted to try something different anyways.

I have them in two M&Ps, a 9mm and a Pro 40. Works fine in both (and no problems with CompTac holsters). I did flatten the tip on them as I think they're a bit long and uncomfortable in the stock configuration. But the modified version is a big improvement over stock. Pretty pricey for what it is though.