Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

Saw the last post/picture and was looking for the application...then I read it :(

Send in your match application and get on the waiting list.

As for you iron sight shooters, do not worry the targets will be big enough that you will have no problem.

Larry

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Dulles

Dulles, BWI, or Reagan are all options. Even Pittsburg is close enough if you can get a deal

National is technically in DC, I wonder how they treat guns there.

National is technically in Arlington, VA.... Virginia treats guns just fine.

Hey Guys,

So I'm pretty stuck on using my Kel-Tec Shotgun and a Glock 21 for this match. Which means I am 2 out of the 3 requirements for competing in Heavy Metal.

I was going to use my AR in 223 but that will put me in a different division. So I was trying to figure out what is the quickest and cheapest way to compete in heavy metal?

I was thinking of a 7.62 but then I realized why not .300 AAC BLK? I could just get an upper, luckily my lower is marked multi caliber. Then i would be able to satisfy the requirements?

I plan to use a scope.

Looking at rules for heavy metal optic you will be limited to 20 rounds in mag and must make the 320 power factor. Sounds to me like you are handicapping youself in that division with 300 Blk.

It would be possible, but you'd almost certainly be looking at handloading and at least a 20" barrel. And your trajectories are gonna suck. You could probably do a DPMS .308 for nearly what it would cost you to do a 300BLK upper that shoots 320PF. Hell, you can borrow mine if you want, it's got no glass on it right now anyway, I'm shooting Tac Irons this year.

DanO

It would be possible, but you'd almost certainly be looking at handloading and at least a 20" barrel. And your trajectories are gonna suck. You could probably do a DPMS .308 for nearly what it would cost you to do a 300BLK upper that shoots 320PF. Hell, you can borrow mine if you want, it's got no glass on it right now anyway, I'm shooting Tac Irons this year.

DanO

Thanks for the generous offer. One of my friends who is going, says he has a HK91 that I can use so I may try to get some trigger time with it and see if it is a viable option to run Heavy Metal. This will be my first 3 Gun match so I am a little nervous. I just want to have fun.

Edited by Solscud007

Although we already have a ton of staff for this match (6 per stage plus) we're still looking for a few very experienced CROs/ROs. If you're interested email me at hkbrt@verizon.net

Did I mention that even though this match is full with a tremendous waiting list you can still shoot the entire match for the same prize table as non-staff by joining us as an RO?

And our staff reimbursement package is first class. I'd be glad to outline it for you.

Howard AMD/Staff Coordinator

If I sent my application in today would my chances of getting in be 0%?

Waiting lists (one for AM Start & one for PM Start) were fairly short (under 8 & under 15) when I left home a week ago. Of course, I need to go home & check my mail, as I am sure there are additions. Right NOW, there chances of getting off a waiting list & into the match are very good.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun Statistician