Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help with Gun Setup

deerassassin22

Okay so here is whats going on. I want to start shooting OPEN and can't really afford the couple grand to make that happen so I would like to use what I have currently and build a 38 Super or 38 Super Comp. I currently have an STI Eagle in 40cal 5inch barrel and a C-more that came of an AR-15 shot with it about 300time 4MOA dot. I want to get into open and have some cash to work with but not quite 1,000 so what can I do?

STI Eagle in 40cal 5inch

C-More Came from my AR-15

Have it re-barreled to 38 and throw a comp on it. Cost will be barrel, comp, extractor, and mount which should add up to about 500 and then it fitted which may cost about 300-400. You should still be under budget unless you want something else done. I did this to my. 40 Eagle also but I have a separate slide to make a complete upper. Call a reputable gunsmith to see what they say but you should be good with what you got.

Have it re-barreled to 38 and throw a comp on it. Cost will be barrel, comp, extractor, and mount which should add up to about 500 and then it fitted which may cost about 300-400. You should still be under budget unless you want something else done. I did this to my. 40 Eagle also but I have a separate slide to make a complete upper. Call a reputable gunsmith to see what they say but you should be good with what you got.

If my memory serves me correctly you cannot use a 40 slide for a 9mm/38S/38SC, slide is too big.

If my memory serves me correctly you cannot use a 40 slide for a 9mm/38S/38SC, slide is too big.

Yeah, you may be right. Thanks for the info...

The breechface dimensions would be 0.030 inches larger on the 40 breechface than the 9mm/38SC one, but only 0.018 larger than 38 Super. It COULD be compensated for via extractor adjustment (especially if old-style Super cases were used), but it's not one that I'd want to shoot a $250 entry fee match with.

Hello: How about just shooting your eagle the way it is in open? You could buy one big stick and use your other mags for the reload. Then save up and buy a open pistol when you have the funds. Thanks, Eric

+1

or go with a glock and a jager kit

my advice keep saving. an awesome open gun went for 2200 bucks on the classifieds just today. A 38 super comp mcustoms gun.

I know the urge to play but the money you will drop making an eagle kind of work can be put towards a great gun that will work.

Edited by Mat Price