Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C more battery life

KentG

I tried to search but didnt find info. What is the average battery life of the Cmore? I seem to remember reading somewhere its not very good. For all my other dots I change batteries at the start of season and usually again about half way thru. Never had one go bad but since they are not a high dollar item I dont mind changing them early for peace of mind. Im thinking of changing the Cmore once a month regardless.

I have four C-More sights and all do well with a good battery.

It seems to be more about the battery. I've had a good Duracell battery starting with a full charge last more than a season. I've had a few Duracell batteries last less than four or five matches.

Same thing with the cheap no name internet batteries. Some last months, some last weeks.

Now when I buy batteries for my C-mores, I never buy more than two at a time so I won't get stuck with a bad lot.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

All my Cmore dots last quick a while except with the cheap one on the sale sites. I usually keep a few Duracells around but lasting 4 or 5 months with heavy use is not too uncommon for me. Also, I had a switch that Cmore replaced because it was draining my battery every month.

Good batteries last a good while, I've got one in my new gun that is over a year old, I shoot 6 to 8 matches a month. I had one gun that ate them like candy, then I sent the C-more in to get it fixed and they told me the lens was bad, the diode was bad, the rehostat was bad, and the frame was cracked. I got a new one and now it does not eat batteries. I still have one click that is old and it eats batteries faster than the other 3.

The ticket is to just carry a couple spares in your range back along with the allen wrench to change it out. I always throw a fresh hot battery in before a major match, I call it insurance.

I only sent the bad c-more in when, I was in the 18th round of man on man shoot off (the semi final) at a major steel match won the first run, on the second run on the second plate of the rack the c-more went blank, I finshed the rack way ahead of the other guy but didn't hit the stop popper, lights out for the thrid run and missed the popper again, so it was in the mail the next day. I carry a spare C-more now, its mounted on the backup! Place 1-3 won a gun, I won a knife, go figure.

Edited by CocoBolo

• 9 months later...

Very curious about this now that I own a gun with batteries. After talking about guns a lot and doing very little shooting for a few years, I think I am freeing up the time to do a lot more shooting next year and a good amount of dryfire practice this winter. Is once a month a safe bet, as the first poster suggested?

Very curious about this now that I own a gun with batteries. After talking about guns a lot and doing very little shooting for a few years, I think I am freeing up the time to do a lot more shooting next year and a good amount of dryfire practice this winter. Is once a month a safe bet, as the first poster suggested?

Typically the dot will begin to dim when it gets close to crapping out.

Unless I headed to a major match, I'll run a battery until the dot starts to dim. Then its off the the safety area to switch it out.

I've never had a battery go from bright to dead in just a few minutes.

Bill

Once a month is way too much. I get a season out of mine. Like everybody just said, Cheap batteries or a bad sight will cost you a lot of batteries. Then it is time to make a change of some kind.

I have had mixed results as well. As someone said it isn't like they are bright at your first target and dead at the last one on a stage. That said I tend to worry about if it is dimming so gradually that I don't notice it. In the AZ sun we need every microvolt of brightness. I usually will slap a new one in before any major match, otherwise I kind of just feel the force.