Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Magpul MOE fixed stock

KentG

Been thinking of changing my CTR to an Ace ARFX. Just found out about the soon to be released magpul fixed MOE. Has anyone here seen one yet? Specs say 13.25" LOP which is good and the design looks good for cheek weld. I may hold off untill these hit the street.

full of magpul-y industrial design goodness but from a gaming perspective not sure how it improves over an A2? yes, it's got a storage compartment but i've also got pockets, a backpack, glovebox in my car, and I usually bring my kid out to the range to haul around my crap :)

I was just asking if anyone had tried or seen one yet vs a snap decision. From the pics I have seen it looks wider allowing for possibly a better cheek weld.

I was just asking if anyone had tried or seen one yet vs a snap decision. From the pics I have seen it looks wider allowing for possibly a better cheek weld.

Its still a concept design, I believe they're only a hand full actually made atm

BTW they're pretty ugly

MAG404-BLK.JPG

Edited by DocMedic

If your looking for Light and great looking I would go with a Vltor Clubfoot stock

tanrflkit.jpg

Speaking of an ugly stock :surprise: ..........not that looks really matter, but part of what makes it ugly is the "zipper" where you get your cheekweld, it always snags any beard growth you might be sporting, starting at about 2 days worth for me personally. The Magpul stock felt really good at SHOT and I think the street price will be even more reasonable. Plus, the buttpad should be better (more ergonomic and non-slip) than the Vltor

YMMV and just my .02 worth