Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quiting cigarettes = lots more money for shooting!

sdm74

So far I have made it three days. The way I figure it, at the very least I got an extra 2200 bucks a year to pay for my shooting habit. And with venturing into multigun this year thats gonna help.-

Edited by sdm74

Good luck I hope you are successful. I quit smoking cigars four years ago. It is tough but it can be done, and there are plenty of good reasons to do it. More money for shooting is a good one.

To really help quit ... try electronic cigarrettes, I'm a manufacturer of high end electronic cigarrette but still trying to bring my products to market.

I started vaping ( we dont call it smoking because there nothing being burn, just liquid being vaporized hence vaping) in June 18, 2010 and slowly weened my self off nicotine in December 2010... And now just have the habit of vaping minus the nicotine. I still get the good flavor of a good cigar but minus the nicotine and the 4000 carcinogens from a cigarrette or cigar...

Dont buy the electronic cigarrettes with the cartridges those dont create too much vapor and arent satisfying... Invest in something in High Voltage and heat... The investment is like shooting, the equipment is expensive but once you get going its just the juice and atomizers. A 6ml juice bottle can go for $2 to $6 dollars and can last 1 to 2 weeks. The Atomizers which vaporizes the juice cost $8 to $10 bucks and with care can last 3months... Batteries are rechargable and can last years...

Pls let me know if I can help you if your interested in going this route... No I wont try to sell you my product but can help you make proper decisions, so you wont make mistakes like I did when I started...

20 years ago in May, I used the nicotine patch. It worked so far ;)

And this is why:

I used the patch for something like 3 months. During that time I was able to unlearn the ritual of getting up and having a smoke, coffee and smoke, after dinner smoke and the like. In the third month my skin started to react to the adhesive used on the patch. I had these round welts forming wherever I wore a patch. I decided that was stupid also and just stopped. I had an interesting weekend of withdrawal but I no longer had the cravings strongly associated with the smoking ritual and made it through it. That was May 1992.

The physical side of the addiction is fairly short lived. The mental side is the monster. If you want to quit smoking, quit smoking and find another way to deal with the drug. Pretend smoking would not of worked for me. I had to forget the ritual!

Hang in there SDM, you are already through the first phase!

And besides, you could probably pay match fees and ammo for the cost of one carton!

June of 2012 will be 12 years since I gave up smokling. My girl softball team extored me into quitting. I promised them I would quit if they won the girls 15 and under state title. There was no way they were supposed to win, but win they did. right after the trophy ceremoney they trashed all of my cigarettes. Thos girls are all grown, and most have kidsw of their own but they still check me to see if I started smoking again. Man, I woulod feelm terrible if I let them down so it's been almost 12 years, and I'm going strong.

20 years ago in May, I used the nicotine patch. It worked so far ;)

And this is why:

I used the patch for something like 3 months. During that time I was able to unlearn the ritual of getting up and having a smoke, coffee and smoke, after dinner smoke and the like. In the third month my skin started to react to the adhesive used on the patch. I had these round welts forming wherever I wore a patch. I decided that was stupid also and just stopped. I had an interesting weekend of withdrawal but I no longer had the cravings strongly associated with the smoking ritual and made it through it. That was May 1992.

The physical side of the addiction is fairly short lived. The mental side is the monster. If you want to quit smoking, quit smoking and find another way to deal with the drug. Pretend smoking would not of worked for me. I had to forget the ritual!

Hang in there SDM, you are already through the first phase!

And besides, you could probably pay match fees and ammo for the cost of one carton!

+a million. It'll be 10 years for me in April and it's definitely the mental side that was the toughest for me. I used the patch as well. I used it for about 6 weeks, but I had to stop drinking for over a year. I couldn't have a beer and not want to smoke. That and everyone I would have been drinking with would have been smoking as well. I had to put some relationships on hold until I was far enough removed from the drug to be able to smell it on them and still resist the urge.. I lost some relationships too, but I think my health was worth it. I had tried and failed a few times before I finally made it.

It will get easier, stay tough, and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...