Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

Maybe I am too anal. But if someone selects the match type as "USPSA Pistol" then the scoring process should be limited to what is defined in the rules. It would make more sense to make a new match type of "ProAm" or whatever its called and then setup the scoring requirements for that discipline.

The same could be said for Steel Challenge, ICORE, Multi Gun, or whatever else is out there

Edited by CHA-LEE

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe I am too anal. But if someone selects the match type as "USPSA Pistol" then the scoring process should be limited to what is defined in the rules. It would make more sense to make a new match type of "ProAm" or whatever its called and then setup the scoring requirements for that discipline.

The same could be said for Steel Challenge, ICORE, Multi Gun, or whatever else is out there

I agree with you to some extent... But it all comes at certain cost, which USPSA is currently not willing to share. In the end it is easier to loosen some blockers than multiplying match types. That is why Timeplus, IDPA and Steel Challenge matches are made configurable to support some unofficial deviations.

This last weekend we used Practiscore for our State IDPA match. 100 shooters and we ran into some issues. Nothing that we could not overcome, but I want to report what we found. We were mostly using Nooks with 1.2.4 on them. Some did have 1.1.11 and there were a few iOS units as well. They all seemed to play nice and they seemed to refresh and see each other with no problem. There were a few nooks though that would not sync from the master to start the day, so they had to be updated with a Micro SD card.

I imported match registration from a .csv file and it seemed pretty easy. I must have labeled the column headers wrong because Practiscore did not recognize class or division. We had to enter them all by hand. For example, when viewing a competitors info, it would say Marksman, but would not recognize as Marksman until we hit the class button and selected mm.

A few times during the day I would expect to sync and get 20 scores and it would give a message every time, 1 Shooter Change, 2 Scores. This happened on two separate devices. I would not import, but would pull up the scores and enter them by hand into the master. After that the offending device would be quarantined.

Rangelog export only gives an empty file.

When uploaded to the website it does not sort by division and class correctly. This was working on earlier versions.

We really enjoyed using Practiscore and appreciate all you do. Hopefully we can help figure out some of these items.

If you were running a mix of versions (not a good practice), that probably explains the bogus shooter change msg (were they the 1.1.11 boxes?) to an extent, though I've never seen practiscore only import a few of the total available new scores. The phantom stage and shooter change issue was fixed on a later release than 1.1.11. On a given platform, you should ALWAYS runs the same maintenance level of software, even if it's not the most current. (We ran 1.2.0 at the GA State Championships, even though 1.2.2 was out; we weren't going to upgrade just before a major match.) On ios, given the infrequency of updates there, unless it has JUST come out, it's best to run the latest version from the app store.

This last weekend we used Practiscore for our State IDPA match. 100 shooters and we ran into some issues. Nothing that we could not overcome, but I want to report what we found. We were mostly using Nooks with 1.2.4 on them. Some did have 1.1.11 and there were a few iOS units as well. They all seemed to play nice and they seemed to refresh and see each other with no problem. There were a few nooks though that would not sync from the master to start the day, so they had to be updated with a Micro SD card.

A few times during the day I would expect to sync and get 20 scores and it would give a message every time, 1 Shooter Change, 2 Scores. This happened on two separate devices. I would not import, but would pull up the scores and enter them by hand into the master. After that the offending device would be quarantined.

As it been said already, we generally try to keep new versions backward compatible. Though in this case there were some fixes related to sync between devices between 1.1.11 and 1.2.x version. So, unless you really know what you are doing (and in this case I'd strongly advise against it), it is better to stick with the same version. For instance, save it on SD card, so you can update your devices evening before match or right at the match before syncing registration to all devices...

Also note that we won't be able to provide you support for non latest versions of the app. So, the issues either already fixed in later versions or newly found stuff will be fixed in the next releases. So, if you're running 1.1.11 or older, not much we can really do if you hit some roadblock. Though chances of that for 1.1.11 are quite small.

I imported match registration from a .csv file and it seemed pretty easy. I must have labeled the column headers wrong because Practiscore did not recognize class or division. We had to enter them all by hand. For example, when viewing a competitors info, it would say Marksman, but would not recognize as Marksman until we hit the class button and selected mm.

If that was issue with column heading, it should be easy to correct on your side. Though for the last part, please email your registration file to support@practiscore.com and we'll take a look.

The RangeLog export only exports competitors with divisions recognized by RangeLog. Since 1.2.x android version those divisions are added by default when you created IDPA match in Practiscore: CDP, ESP, SSP, SSR, and ESR (exactly like that).

Also note that classifications should be DM, MA, EX, SS, MM, NV, UN.

When uploaded to the website it does not sort by division and class correctly. This was working on earlier versions.

Do you have a link to those posted results? What version did you use to post them?

Copy on using the latest version.

ajg308, on 16 Sept 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:snapback.png

If that was issue with column heading, it should be easy to correct on your side. Though for the last part, please email your registration file to support@practiscore.com and we'll take a look.

I will email the file asap. I was messing arounf getting ready for the rimfore match and it was doing the samething of not recognizing the division.

Here is a link.

https://www.practiscore.com/match-results/uuid?uuid=58450f3d-17e7-41b7-b32e-e11cbd218fad

euxx, on 17 Sept 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

ajg308, on 17 Sept 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

As it been said already, we generally try to keep new versions backward compatible. Though in this case there were some fixes related to sync between devices between 1.1.11 and 1.2.x version. So, unless you really know what you are doing (and in this case I'd strongly advise against it), it is better to stick with the same version. For instance, save it on SD card, so you can update your devices evening before match or right at the match before syncing registration to all devices...

Also note that we won't be able to provide you support for non latest versions of the app. So, the issues either already fixed in later versions or newly found stuff will be fixed in the next releases. So, if you're running 1.1.11 or older, not much we can really do if you hit some roadblock. Though chances of that for 1.1.11 are quite small.

The RangeLog export only exports competitors with divisions recognized by RangeLog. Since 1.2.x android version those divisions are added by default when you created IDPA match in Practiscore: CDP, ESP, SSP, SSR, and ESR (exactly like that).

Also note that classifications should be DM, MA, EX, SS, MM, NV, UN.

Do you have a link to those posted results? What version did you use to post them?

Where is the rangelog export option? I am currently running 1.2.4.

I am in the planning phases for my clubs State IDPA match for 2014 and we are considering using practiscore.

If we are able to do a direct upload to IDPA with results, that may seal the deal for using it.

Thanks,

Steve

RangeLog export (as well as any other results exports) is at the bottom of match results screen.

Unlike posting results to practiscore.com, we don't have one button post to RangeLog (yet?), but you do get an export file you can upload to RangeLog from your match admin account there.

"When uploaded to the website it does not sort by division and class correctly. This was working on earlier versions."

We have been using Practiscore to score our IDPA matches for several months and really like the program except for the above issue you mentioned. We need it to list the Class in the standings and sort by Division then Class. Right now I am dumping everything into a spreadsheet, adding the class then resorting the results. Takes a bit of time but still much faster than inputting scores like we used to do. Any chance we could get that last sort to work? The overall is fun to look at but are not official results for IDPA.

Alan

If by 'IDPA sort' you mean fix empty category results on Android, I haven't looked at that yet. There is also an enhancement request for special IDPA category report in issue tracking, but I don't have timeline for it. For any other changes for produced reports please email to support@practiscore.com

Generally, this thread is good for sharing your experience with practiscore and post some tips, but I recommend to address all questions regarding new features and new ideas to support@practiscore.com because not all practiscore developers read this forum.

Thanks for the reply. I sent the request a while back but thought I would ask here. By "IDPA sort" I meant we need the results sorted first by Division then by Classification. The combined results are fun to look at and I always send those anyway but are not the official results for IDPA. Thanks for a great program!

The screen orientation is annoying on a tablet. In some screens, it's landscape and some screens it's portrait. On an Android tablet, the rotation goes round and round depending on which screen you are on. So it's a left, right, left, with the android tablet while in Practiscore.

I suggest remove the screen lock on orientation and let us use it how it runs on our components.

Still the best thing since sliced bread. Thanks PS guys. I'll send in a note to support@practiscore.com

So I had in interesting problem today at our steel challenge match.

I was looking at individual stage results, and noticed that they weren't sorted correctly by time.

The overall results looked fine, so no worries there.

I already emailed the .psc file off to support, so hopefully they can find the error.

Below is a screen shot showing the incorrect sort.

I figured I would post here as a heads up for others.

I will update when I hear back from support.

Steve

post-17841-138048492811_thumb.jpg