Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

Nope - we were using it at Utah State Championship today.

what match?

It may be working now, I tried uploading again and finally got an ok message. Results aren't on the results page yet, I'm probably just too impatient. For some reason the results page is loading very slow today from my internet connection. Match name is WNPL Sept USPSA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the results feature/page down? I've been trying to upload today's match and keep getting an error message? When I try and access the results page via the Practiscore website, it won't load.

Took me several attempts to upload our match today, but it did finally upload and folks were getting the posted match via PS immediately after that with no problem.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Is the results feature/page down? I've been trying to upload today's match and keep getting an error message? When I try and access the results page via the Practiscore website, it won't load.

Took me several attempts to upload our match today, but it did finally upload and folks were getting the posted match via PS immediately after that with no problem.

Its been a little over 2 hours since I uploaded our match and it is still not on the site. I've tried uploading the match again, but now I get an error message that the password is incorrect, though no match password was ever created. Not sure what I should do now.

Edited by SteveT-NV

I was getting this a lot at the GA State Championship this past weekend, uploading from the iOS 1.5.10 version. Most often upload and get error, upload again and it goes through. Sometimes it took 3 or 4 attempts to get it done. figured it might be a load-related website problem. Lot's of people (271 competitors) hammering on practiscore.com to see our match results. Maybe made worse by multiple major matches running at the same time, but that's total speculation.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 2 weeks later...

V1.2.4 is out. List of changes:

Treat steel hits as alphas in USPSA Score Review Summary (0000146)

Fixed issue with syncing results form iOS to Android (0000230)

Fixed division issues in RangeLog export to 3GN and IDPA

Fixed issue with merging scores for walk-on shooters

Undocumented on the change list: the detailed review screen is gone now.

Bummer on the loss of the detailed review screen.

Bob

Yes. The mantis problem tracker description for #146 actually reads:

Ken wants "Steel" removed from the Summary view in Review Score for USPSA matches. Steel hits will, instead, be counted as alphas. Steel misses will continue to tally into the "M" field as they do no.

The Details view will remain the same as it is now, with alphas, mikes, steel hit, and steel miss as separate fields.
Edited by wgnoyes

EZwinScore counts Steel knockdowns as Alphas, so why shouldn't Practiscore?

Having default steel hits is nice, but I would prefer the + and - button to increment/decrement the steel count instead of the default and miss fields as in 1.2.4. Not having the + and - had a lot of scorekeepers confused this weekend if steel was missed or not knocked down. The miss field is not obvious to some.

Having default steel hits is nice, but I would prefer the + and - button to increment/decrement the steel count instead of the default and miss fields as in 1.2.4. Not having the + and - had a lot of scorekeepers confused this weekend if steel was missed or not knocked down. The miss field is not obvious to some.

b

How about this?

post-21787-0-49253200-1379293951_thumb.p

There been requests to support NPMs and NSs for steel targets (currently not supported and shown as disabled on above screenshot). This UI layout would allow us to easily accommodate those.

We have carbonless scoresheets ordered which we had planned to copy the data right off the detailed review screen for our paper backup for level II matches.

Bob, the backup score sheets that been posted number of times in this thread looked close to the Summary Practiscore screen and that information should be sufficient to re-enter missing or lost scores into EZWS, unless I'm missing something.

We have carbonless scoresheets ordered which we had planned to copy the data right off the detailed review screen for our paper backup for level II matches.

Bob, the backup score sheets that been posted number of times in this thread looked close to the Summary Practiscore screen and that information should be sufficient to re-enter missing or lost scores into EZWS, unless I'm missing something.
Well, I think he means he already ordered score sheets for a level 2 match that DIDN'T just "look close", rather, the layout was IDENTICAL to the displayed screen. When you're running a stage, you don't want "close";' rather you want to be able to copy fields in the exact same order as on the screen. It's less error prone and faster.

But I also understand wrapping steel into a-zone hits and also like the other changes. Bob just had the bad luck of having already ordered his score sheets. If the match is coming up soon, bob, you may want to just go ahead and keep running one of the prior releases.

b

How about this?

attachicon.gif2013-09-15 21.11.01.png

There been requests to support NPMs and NSs for steel targets (currently not supported and shown as disabled on above screenshot). This UI layout would allow us to easily accommodate those.

That'll do.

Just to clarify. The proposed steel ui change would still behave like the current one. In other words, preset As and mikes and tapping on misses decrease number of As.

For a fixed time steel only stage I am thinking of enabling NPMs, so you'll need to tap on those to decrease number of preset As.

The other option would be to tap As many times, like it is for regular targets...

Edited by euxx

So PractiScore is now trying to support illegal stages???....... Ok then.

If I am not mistaken there was another case that is not enforced. It is just left to the MD who creates the stages in Practiscore... Besides, I don't see why not? It is used once in a while, including events like ProAm...