Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun

clawson2011

Ok I have a couple options and need some help on which way to go.

1). Buy an m&p 40 and build for limited and shoot till it falls apart.

2). Buy a Dawson CRP. edge ,40

3). Buy the m&p for limited. And order a Matt cheely 5 inch sight tracker.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

1) I doubt the M&P would fall apart any time soon.

2) I would skip ahead to option 4 and have Matt build a 6" gun. If I had the eyes to make it work that is what I would have instead of one of his Open guns!cheers.gif

Option. 1 isn't intended to fall apart quickly looking for 75000-150000 rounds through it.

Not looking for a 6" gun. Just not interested in them, nor do I like the look

Then get what you want, shoot what you want.cheers.gif

I would go with the edge to start. If your looking at the possibility of a cheely, you will already have mags and a holster setup for the eagle. If you like that and want the cheely later, the edge will hold better value to sell, or make a fine backup that uses the same equipment.

I would upgrade the M&P to a nice Limited Pistol and then order the Custom 2011 I wanted. The M&P can always be used as a back up and could be shot until the sight tracker was built. I've owned an STI Edge, Brazos BCG Pro, Caylor Custom and a couple of others. Akai Custom is currently building my new 2011. There are a lot of gun builders out there and I'd check out as many as possible before settling on one. I wish I would have followed my own advise because it's not like you make money on the guns you buy to try out and then decide you want something different. I do know Akai Custom builds awesome pistols and they also have a buy back/upgrade program. Good Luck and Good Shooting, hope to meet you on the Range some day.

I need a gun now to get started, if I buy the edge that is it no more gun will be bought for 3-5 years. I am trying to decide what to get before going back to school in the fall. Don't tell me to buy ammo, I have enough reloading components to keep 2 or 3 people shootIng for the next 3 years. I just really want to start shooting ASAP I can afford the edge now, I can also afford the m&p plus the cheely. I just can't do the edge and the cheely.

Ok I have a couple options and need some help on which way to go.

1). Buy an m&p 40 and build for limited and shoot till it falls apart.

2). Buy a Dawson CRP. edge ,40

3). Buy the m&p for limited. And order a Matt cheely 5 inch sight tracker.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

If your looking for a limited gun and you have the money, Out of your three options I would go with the Edge hands down.

I am assuming you are a young man? You said that you were going to school in the fall? One of the best suggestions I was given by my Dad (and what I would suggest to you) is to buy all the expensive stuff that you can afford now. If you want a Cheely and can afford it, do it now, there aren't any guarantee's it will be any easier a few years from now.

I am assuming you are a young man? You said that you were going to school in the fall? One of the best suggestions I was given by my Dad (and what I would suggest to you) is to buy all the expensive stuff that you can afford now. If you want a Cheely and can afford it, do it now, there aren't any guarantee's it will be any easier a few years from now.

This is spot on...I would just det a Dawson tuned Edge though.

Rick

Option. 1 isn't intended to fall apart quickly looking for 75000-150000 rounds through it.

Not looking for a 6" gun. Just not interested in them, nor do I like the look

It's not about the look. I prefer the look of 5" guns too and there is nothing sexier than an Factory built Infinity Sight Tracker.....but the 6" guns shoot very soft/flat and accurate.

I bought a Cameron custom built limited gun on here with 5 mags. Gun had 5K on it and I bought it for at least $1100 less than what it and the mags would have cost new.

Have funds ready and watch the classifieds.

The Edge CRP..! Or, what I recently did.. Get a bushing barreled Eagle

so you can use it for USPSA Limited OR IDPA, ESP class..

I also went the Eagle route so I could compete in USPSA and IDPA both. I ended up getting the open bug thanks to my buddy though, so the Eagle will be just for IDPA now.

I like the way your dad thinks!!!