Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 12-20-02

Flexmoney

I wonder how people post on these borads that don't know how to read???!!!???

When you ask a rule question...and somebody give you the rule that applies...go read the rule.  Don't ask another question until you do...butt-monkey.

Another thing.  Ever hear of a search engine?  Google?  Use them.

And, any time you post asking if anybody knows the web address for some company.  If that web address turns out to simply be the name of the company, with www. in front, and .com behind it,   ...drop and give me 20...maggot!

I used to be able to say I lived in Kalibanfornia cause we have nice weather, but not now - this place royally sucks this week.  I HATE THE RAIN.  I HATE BEING COLD.

Why does family always have to come visit during the holidays - don't they realize I have enough to do without having to add housecleaning and entertaining them to the list - BAH HUMBUG!  

I've been SO danged busy I didn't buy a Christmas Tree this year, because I have ZERO time to go get one and then decorate it. - BAH HUMBUG

Okay - gotta go - buh bye

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 7:07 am on Dec. 20, 2002)

I hate "I can't" with a passion!  I was helping a jr. shooter out with a handgun and every sentence seemed to have "I can't" in it.  "I can't release the slide," "I can't put the magazine in," every "I can't" that you can imagine.  Of course he could do all of those things, and was quite pleased with himself when he realized that he actually COULD do something, but he was completely shut down at the begining by an awful attitude.  Before anyone asks, or wonders, I was nice, helpful, calm, and in my best positive reinforcement mode when I was working with him.  Now that he isn't around though.....   AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now.

-ld

(Edited by jhgtyre at 10:44 am on Dec. 20, 2002)

"Man...3k post and this is my first typo."  LOL

HEY!!!  Stop sprayin' that thing at me!!!  And ya better get a towel and clean up the mess too!!!

I agree, not only does Kali suck for shootin',  it's too stinkin' cold this time of year.  I was in San Diego last week and it was only like 60 degrees or something.  Had to leave and hit the islands for a while.  

What makes the moderators here so stinkin' special that they get their own forum!!!  Isn't the 'pretty blue' name color enough!!! (though I should do that just in case there was a poster that didn't think they SHOULD post it)

But what I really,  really hate is having your blaster modified by a smith and it not working the same as before.  Two tanked matches and I fear it's not the end.  I wanna go backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

jhgtyre:

Argh, you ruined my post. Now I can't come up with a reason to use I can't, can I? LOL.

BTW:

I agree with you on the I can't thing. I hear it every day teaching, and it is seems to be ingrained in the younger generation.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 1:41 pm on Dec. 20, 2002)

Ron,

LOL!  Gotcha!

I sympathize with your plight.  I have a minor in education but never chose to teach because other peoples children drive me crazy.  Sadly I didn't figure that out until I was all set to graduate.  At least I get to be the only Sys Admin I know who has a degree in English.  :)

-ld

Is that why all you Oregonians are flocking to AZ next week?  I will be at the Insight Bowl watching them play against those Panthers from back east.  Personally I think a Panther could eat a Beaver in one bite so it should be pretty one sided......

If the Oregon economy keeps heading where it's heading we'll ALL be "flocking to" somewhere else, indeed! And perhaps we should. (Except the gun laws here are rather easy-going.)

Two kinds of Oregonians up here, actually:  Beavers and Ducks. Beavs are Corvallis, Ducks are Eugene. Both are nuts. The Oregon economy (what's left of it) runs on the heady fumes from high-temperature Beav and Duck sports paraphernalia sales, I swear!!

AH! The weather sucks everywhere! Here in Rocky Mountain High Colorado, it's 15 degrees with about a 300 mile per hour wind that has been blowing steadily for three days. It is driving me crazy. I can't sleep. I'm hung over from the drugs I take to  make me sleep that don't work. My beagle is whining. My macaw bit me on the thumb. I have to go to a mall tonight because I promised. My accounts receivables are stalled somewhere and I have about $37 in my checking account. I hate the end of the year, because it reminds me that I am OLD OLD OLD. An 18 year-old told me she liked my earring, then called me "Sir." I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the MONGOLIAN HORDES.

I think I was meant to hibernate.

MB

PS: HO HO...BANG!

I think we were ALL meant to hibernate in winter. Not go shopping at malls in screamin'-a** bad weather with only $37 in our checking accounts. Give the beagle a valium. Swat the Macaw in the beak and put it in the closet. Quit taking the drugs and settle in on some La-Z-Boy device (or its equivalent) with a hot cup of gourmet coffee laced with Jack Daniels. Call off the Mongolian Hordes altogether and get yet another ear piercing when the weather calms down. And tell the 18-yr-old she has a helluva road ahead of her and you're frankly glad you've already long since passed that point.

Ho-Humbug and Happy Holidaze!

Oh you guys are really cheering me up. My wife and I have been making enquiries about moving to the good ol US of A to escape the Dictator Howard and his gun banns and confiscations. So now you're talking about lousy weather and economic downturns. If your planning on "flocking" somewhere else, cross Australia off you list as it is now rabidly anti-handgun.

So how are things in Montana??

Who can I flame for the weather? Three things I really like to do: dirt biking, shooting matches, and snowboaring, and all suck @$$ in bad weather. The snowboarding would almost be doable except for dealing with chains and possible interstate closures. Indoor kart racing is looking mighty attractive.

Excuse me, I have to go do RO duty for four hours, sitting in the rain after taking out the garbage.

"...sitting in the rain after taking out the garbage."

TLMAO--T! (Totally Laughed My Ass Off--Totally!)

GeorgeD--

Well, we're busy havin' a little "irregularity" out here on the West Coast this season, what with El Nino roaring around on tour again and dragging the jet stream all over the place. America is a rather big place... we have all kinds of weather somewhere/everywhere all the time every year. Except in Eugene... one of the most temperate places in the West. Gun laws here very mellow, too.

(BTW, All the folks I've ever met from Montana were really decent. I either got a genuine glimpse of their reality in meeting them or I just got lucky.)

Sig Lady,

We had some folks from Montana in our shop last week and they were very pleasant and genuine. We got to talking about their State and they said they had different weather in East to West Montana. One side was very windy and the other very calm, but I can't recall which is which. Anyone know?

GeorgeD--

RonA--

...Western and Eastern Washington and Oregon have the same bi-polar characteristics:  West side of Cascades is the moss-covered, slimy-n-wet version of life and the east side is a dry, prairie-like, high-desert (even has tumbleweeds) sort of thing. Two totally different climates...

Sorry, Dallas and Atlanta are just too big for this lady. I've been spoiled by being the proverbial recognizable fish in the smaller pond. (You make a wave in THIS town and you're on the front page the next morning.)