Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the talking is done - here's my Brazo

50cal

Thanks gang, you are all very generous with your comments. I have yet to shoot it and I am absolutely dying to. Actually, the closest thing I have to this is a P220 Sport (with an ultra dot). I don't even know how to get the barrel out of the top end :huh:

Mr. 300lbG... the pic you found on Bob's site IS my gun before the upgraded trigger/hammer/sear job. I think I may have Bob's first one of this model - maybe..

Take care all and thanks for the attention,

Mike

The thing that I noticed was the length of the barrel threads, i.e. pretty durn short. Don't think it'll be a problem, but I'm wondering why OTHER 'smiths don't do it... little bit shorter, little bit lighter.

Methinks this Bob Londrigan guy knows what he's doing.

I'm contemplating a similar cut in the top of my slide without the holes (to begin with). Thinking maybe I'll have it ported at some point. Thanks for the pic of how it'll look. :)

Alright! I finally shot it. Keep in mind I have no prior Open gun experience but here's my take.

I cooked-up 1300 rounds of .38supercomp as follows. 10.3gr VVn105 under .356 JHP Zeros. Starline Brass primed with WSR seated to 1.233 finished with a minimal crimp. Sorry didn't bring the chrono this time but I am pretty sure its making major. I also had 3 @ 140mm tubes and 1 @ 170mm w/ grams springs and followers and Limcat bases. Two of the tubes are tuned, two are not.

I fired about 700 rounds in just over an hour. I could have used the gun as a branding iron. I had no failures of any type and all four magazines functioned perfectly. I am very happy with the ammo, muzzle flash was just a small spark above the comp (indoor range). As a bonus, after 700+ rounds, I was surprised how clean the gun looked. The non-shielded c-more lens was as clean as it was before I started shooting - a real tribute to how well done the porting and compensator are. I am accustomed to very accurate guns and this is definitely accurate. Taking my time, I could print clovers offhand at fifty feet, jagged holes with a bag rest (limiting factor being the dot). What I am not accustomed to is; how this offhand accuracy remains consistent through every follow-up shot. Pulling the trigger quickly, about every half second (not double-taps), I was still able to keep mag after mag on a 4 x 6 inch piece of paper at 50 ft (aside from the odd flyer). That is a first ever for me. No doubt the porting and comp are effective! The 6moa C-more dot moved less than 2 in. on the paper at 50 ft. during firing. Some of that may have to do with the 28oz trigger job. There is absolutely no over travel, no creep. It breaks like the click of a mouse (the proverbial glass rod) at exactly were its movement abruptly stops. There is less than 1/16 of an inch of “take-up” and then you have fired the gun! One thing that I wasn’t used to was the need to slam the mag into the gun. I wasn’t being violent, but it was a very deliberate insertion. Gentleness was penalized by having the mag fall right out as soon as I removed my hand. Maybe this is normal, maybe its the Limcat bases, probably its just me. I wasn’t having problems once I got the hang of it.

In case you have not interpreted, I am extremely pleased. If “it” gets better than this, I would never be able to tell. I don’t even think I will bother with any load development. To reiterate, this gun “makes” the shooter. To support this, there was a kid (maybe 14 yrs) at the range who couldn’t take his eyes off the gun. He was mesmerized. I pulled the target back to 25ft. and let him blow off a mag. He popped one right after the other until he ran dry. Most of his shots (out of some 20) were with-in a 2 1/2in. group! He was ecstatic, his dad and I were shocked. Moments prior, he was hard-pressed to keep a 4in group at 20ft going slowly with a Walther .380.

Well, that’s it for now. I’m sure I’ve bored you plenty as I imagine you all are quite familiar with this level of performance gun. This however represents the Apex of handguns to me. The Alpha of the pack!

Take care,

Mike

Guest bulm5

There was an article about it in the front sight ( I think) and I think there was a thread about it in this forum. You might wanna do a search on it.

Very very nice. Can I borrow it for open next year then I will go back to limited?

I like the 5", I think thats the way to go. Does the gun normally come with the 4 "poppleholes" or did you select to have 4. Just wondered. Very nice, now shoot it like you stold it.