Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Reflex Tester

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.16 for me.

This has been around here before. The way to "game" this is to realize that the clock is stopped when you RELEASE the mouse button. Push and HOLD on the “stop” button and when the color changes, simply let go. Mucho faster. ;)

Ed

The way to "game" this is to realize that the clock is stopped when you RELEASE the mouse button. Push and HOLD on the “stop” button and when the color changes, simply let go. Mucho faster

Pressing the stop button and holding it down does not work. It just waits until you release and then accuses you of pressing stop early. Must have been an earlier version you are speaking about.

--

Regards,

Pressing the stop button and holding it down does not work. It just waits until you release and then accuses you of pressing stop early. Must have been an earlier version you are speaking about.

Sorry George,

But it DOES work and I clicked on the link in THIS thread! I'm using XP with IE6, if that makes any difference. :P:)

Ed

Hmmm ... did several more at 0.156 and just now did a 0.141.

I wish I'd tried this when I was young! I used to be able to turn a primitive digital stopwatch on and off faster than any of the other PE assistants when I was in junior high school. :lol:

I did a whole string of .16's.

Too consistent! I think I'm outrunning my stock mouse. I'll have to install a titanium return spring and lighten the left button to do any better with this pig. :lol:

Sorry George,

But it DOES work and I clicked on the link in THIS thread! I'm using XP with IE6, if that makes any difference

I am running Mac OS X (V10.3.4) and in Apple’s Safari browser (V1.2.2), and IE for Mac (V 5.2) it “does not“ work that way and gives you the “Cheater, Pressed Too Early” notice when you release on the stop button.

But I did find that Netscape 7.1 for Mac does work as you said. Differences in JavaScript handling are the culprit here. My guess is that it actually works right (right = what the programmer wanted) in Safari & IE for Mac and that Netscape for Mac and Windows machines are handling the JavaScript for the stop button incorrectly.

--

Regards,