Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE secret prize tables! No touch is fine, but can't see is not. I missed a great prize that I actually NEEDED @ Texas MG cause I just didn't know, and had folk waiting behind me, and I was rushed, so as not to be a turd for anyone else I just grabbed and moved. Anything that gets rushed, gets screwed up. If only shooters could hawk it, it would be easier.

Besides that, in 4 years of competing, I've never even heard of someone stealing from the table.

Someone stole a vortex razor off the tac iron table at Ozarks 2 years ago. Someone also stole something at DPMS but I cant remember what it was.

I HATE secret prize tables! No touch is fine, but can't see is not. I missed a great prize that I actually NEEDED @ Texas MG cause I just didn't know, and had folk waiting behind me, and I was rushed, so as not to be a turd for anyone else I just grabbed and moved. Anything that gets rushed, gets screwed up. If only shooters could hawk it, it would be easier.

Besides that, in 4 years of competing, I've never even heard of someone stealing from the table.

Someone stole a vortex razor off the tac iron table at Ozarks 2 years ago. Someone also stole something at DPMS but I cant remember what it was.

I believe it was a Leupold that was taken at DPMS. :angry2:

The Black Bag thing is kind of crappy to the sponser. It is not the banners that really illistrates who sponsered the match but the items on the prize table.

PLEASE PLEASE NO BLACK BAGS!!!!!!!!

I believe it was a Leupold that was taken at DPMS. :angry2:

I stand corrected, but still, seems to me a no touch policy would fix "that" issue, as long as you could see what's there, there is usually a whole gaggle of Range Officials standing around, I would think just have a few observe the "looking" while we wait for scores.

Or, put up some caution tape "cross the tape, and get a DQ" kinda thing

Man, it takes a real fugbucket to steal from the prize table. I hope the scope hits whoever in the eye. <_<

I have never been to the CMMG and I have herd nothing but good things about it. So-

The Prize table talk of hidden prizes is not new. I have played shooting games longer than most. I had friends with careers in the industries. The sponsors want the prizes to be visible, If a gun in won they don't want it taken off in a case or out the back door. Steel Challenge was one that hit a home run with sponsors because they had a printed prize list. Thats not practical with out a full nights work.

But even 20+ years back the sponsors hated black bag "Booby Bag" prizes is what they called it. The only thing more insulting to a sponsor was to see a prize openly sold at the event. =traded was OK.

Think of going home to a Xmas party and your Nephew stands up after opening your gift and asks for bids.

Yes I have to sell prizes some times to offset my travel cost, But I try to be discreet.

I guess I'll be practicing for next year, lol.

Oh I almost forgot I emailed Ken last week and he said the farthest target was going to be an MGM flasher at 400.

400! gulp

Can't wait!

*Kelli

So should we just bring 300 rounds of each and call it good? I know its been beat to death already, but damn. I gotta start packing tonight and it would be nice to have an official number.

I still know I'm going to forget stuff. It doesn't matter if I would have packed last month haha.

This is feeling very unorganized indeed. I've called and left a message with no reply. Someone iam driving with from Michigan has emailed 5 or 6 times with a no reply. No stages, no official round counts. Hhhhmmmmm

Is there still room and if there is what do I need to do and who do I need to contact to get to shoot with some other guys from Nashville?

Sorry for the last minute questions.

Ron

Is there still room and if there is what do I need to do and who do I need to contact to get to shoot with some other guys from Nashville?

Ron

I think there were a couple spots left the other day. Get ahold of Ken Flood. You can get contact info on the Midwest3gun site.

Here's another question. Per the the website "Sunday-Match Starts: 8:00 AM

Team Event: 10:00-11:00 AM".

Does this mean that every squad will shoot Sunday, or just those participating in the Team event? Just trying to figure on when I will be leaving, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

Ron

I think there were a couple spots left the other day. Get ahold of Ken Flood. You can get contact info on the Midwest3gun site.

Thanks just spoke with him.

Ron

Thanks just spoke with him.

Did you get us a round count... :rolleyes:

So should we just bring 300 rounds of each and call it good? I know its been beat to death already, but damn. I gotta start packing tonight and it would be nice to have an official number.

I still know I'm going to forget stuff. It doesn't matter if I would have packed last month haha.

Pack!!...I still have to load my pistol ammo :surprise: I know what you guys are saying, I am the type that likes to have a detailed plan for everything as well. Luckily I know and trust a few guys that have been to the match several times and say it's epic, so that's good enough for me. I'm just going to bring a pile of ammo with and whatever I don't use goes home with me. Pretty sure I won't let it expire. Missouri or Bust! See y'all in a few days :cheers:

Oh, and quite talking about rain gear for cryin-out-loud!! I't's bad voo-doo

Here's another question. Per the the website "Sunday-Match Starts: 8:00 AM

Team Event: 10:00-11:00 AM".

Does this mean that every squad will shoot Sunday, or just those participating in the Team event? Just trying to figure on when I will be leaving, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

The last two years we shot one or two stages on Sunday then while scores were being tabulated they shot the Team event.

Just looked at weather.com again and it said 200% Chance of torrential rain Friday thru Sunday.