Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Tour 2012

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little torn. I like having the variety for the shotgun. It tends to separate the pack a little especially when the "recoil sensitive" have to pull the triggers on some heavy loads. However it is going to make traveling so much easier.

I'm a little torn. I like having the variety for the shotgun. It tends to separate the pack a little especially when the "recoil sensitive" have to pull the triggers on some heavy loads. However it is going to make traveling so much easier.

Do have an accuracy system on your pellet spreader?

Please update me when you get a chance to shoot it!

Nitro Company makes a 2.25 ounce, 3" #7.5 load that goes about 1200 fps. I think that is what you should shoot. Put a diffusion choke in and you can step back and get 2 or 3 plates per trigger pull, and still "man up" with a heavy load. :surprise:

Well it was nice to be asked ..But I had to pass on the invitation to the tour. The June event is just one weekend after Sportsman's Team Challenge nationals and the event in March is just one week after SMM3G.

Dang <_< being responsible is not as much fun as they said it would be.

Do have an accuracy system on your pellet spreader?

Please update me when you get a chance to shoot it!

Working four straight....but plans are to heat it up on Tuesday! :cheers:

I am totally confused on the Semi Pro verse Divisional series. It looks like both have decent prizes for the winners and a chance to make the Pro Tour but the only real differences seem to be the matches. Since I'm already signed up for Texas Multi-Gun and it's not listed on the Divisional series, I guess I'm signing up for Semi Pro.

I don't expect to win anything or ever make the Pro Tour but I just really want to see how I stack up nationwide.

Ben

St Augustine Match Hotel

Fairfield Inn

305 Prime Outlets Blvd

St. Augustine, 32084 United States of America

904-810-9892

Group Code- 3 Gun Nation

$84.00/night

Bryan Ray

3GN Accomodations and Transportation Director (not really)

Edited by Bryan 45

I am totally confused on the Semi Pro verse Divisional series. It looks like both have decent prizes for the winners and a chance to make the Pro Tour but the only real differences seem to be the matches. Since I'm already signed up for Texas Multi-Gun and it's not listed on the Divisional series, I guess I'm signing up for Semi Pro.

I don't think the "Divisional Series" let you have a chance at PRO; only semi-pro has a chance to compete for PRO.

David E.

I thought I would ask this question here since I've emailed 2 people at 3GN 3 times over the past 3 weeks and received no response.

In the 3GN series explanation there is a statement that we pay the balance of the entry fees at Friday registration in Florida. Does anyone know if there will be a Saturday morning registration opportunity? I know the matches are planned to start early, but since I'm not a true "professional" shooter, I would like to not have to take Friday off work and I could fly in later that night.

I don't think the "Divisional Series" let you have a chance at PRO; only semi-pro has a chance to compete for PRO.

David E.

Well, the email I got from Pete a couple of weeks ago stated that there will be a qualifier match to get into PRO for 2013 and that "Yes, it will be open to all comers", but this doesnt seem to jive with the information that you have to shoot the semi-pro division for a year to qualify to the qualifier match...

Are we confused yet? :)

Edited by gose

What's the difference between semi pro and amateur?

What's the difference between pro and pro?

Pros get paid. Pros don't pay to shoot. Semantics. But the whole thing is confusing, changing all the time, not well thought out, and certainly with the alleged prize money being given out to winners, it would behoove the organizers to be presenting the situation in a more cogent manner. Not happening. The "rules" of the 3Gun tour are copied from IMGA rules and USPSA rules. Those rules books should be cited, as in a footnote. Looks more like WWF than a legitimate competition. I have been wrong before, and will be wrong again. But having an FN shooter win the FN sponsored series in Las Vegas made me tune it out. I will try to get to matches I shoot, have fun, and ignore everything else. 3GN may be important in the future, but they are not now.

I thought I would ask this question here since I've emailed 2 people at 3GN 3 times over the past 3 weeks and received no response.

In the 3GN series explanation there is a statement that we pay the balance of the entry fees at Friday registration in Florida. Does anyone know if there will be a Saturday morning registration opportunity? I know the matches are planned to start early, but since I'm not a true "professional" shooter, I would like to not have to take Friday off work and I could fly in later that night.

Send the money now.

3GN may be important in the future, but they are not now.

I have wholeheartedly disagree with your statement above. :sight:

I wish they had more money so they could hire more staff to keep us informed but that's not the end of the world to me. Bringing 3 Gun to the masses is the world to me and that is exactly what they are doing right now. :cheers:

Hi Jesse. What masses? Where? You know Rob put a message on here asking did anybody know how to contact so and so- I dutifully emailed Chad about how to get a hold of a few guys. Not even a automated reply that message was received. I want them to succeed, but right now, time tough, you know? We all be busy, but like in my home, Trenchtown, time tough. We hungry. Them belly full, but we hungry. Yours truly, Johnny Too Bad