Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Tour 2012

Forgive my computer ignorance, where the heck are these things posted? Yes, I see 3 gunnation in the links but, for the life of me, can't figure out where on that site they are.

I guess I'll load ammo and not worry about this series. :wacko:

Forgiven. Try this link to 3GN

All the series are listed. Just use your browsers back button to get to the listing after you look at each one. They are not on the front pages directly anywhere I could find them.

I'm loading ammo...trying to figure out what this 4th .450 BM die (seating stem) is for.

Edited by MarkCO

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

Sorry I was gone a bit, Mark Co has the place.

I had to do a bit of "research" to find the initial links.

Not sure 3GN has this ready for prime time yet but the websites are on line so...

Looks like 3 Semi matches for me!

Mark,

Saving my pennies for the load 2.

David E.

Forgive my computer ignorance, where the heck are these things posted? Yes, I see 3 gunnation in the links but, for the life of me, can't figure out where on that site they are.

I guess I'll load ammo and not worry about this series. :wacko:

Forgiven. Try this link to 3GN

All the series are listed. Just use your browsers back button to get to the listing after you look at each one. They are not on the front pages directly anywhere I could find them.

I'm loading ammo...trying to figure out what this 4th .450 BM die (seating stem) is for.

Mark, that's what I mean. The information isn't easily locatable on the site. No wonder people are scratching their heads.

I don't know what that seater stem is for, by the way.

My 3 semis

Aug 08/24 - 08/26 2nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships, Park City, KY

Sep 09/19 - 09/22 2012 FNH USA 3 Gun, Peacemaker National Training Center, Glengary, WV

Oct 10/18 - 10/21 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship, Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY

7 months to train/get ready!

David E.

My 3 semis

Aug 08/24 - 08/26 2nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships, Park City, KY

Sep 09/19 - 09/22 2012 FNH USA 3 Gun, Peacemaker National Training Center, Glengary, WV

Oct 10/18 - 10/21 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship, Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY

7 months to train/get ready!

David E.

You best kick my butt bad tomorrow then. Gun issues will not give you a bye! :roflol:

I'm only planning on two major matches this year, so, the series has no real interest to me.

So without reading everything yet (I know, dangerous) it looks that the only way to get to the Pro Series qualifier for 2013 is to participate the Semi-Pro series this year? What if a shooter doesn't finish high enough in the Semi-Pro series to be in the top 25% or if they just don't shoot enough matches period. Can they still show up at the unknown qualifier match to have a shot at the Pro Series?

So without reading everything yet (I know, dangerous) it looks that the only way to get to the Pro Series qualifier for 2013 is to participate the Semi-Pro series this year? What if a shooter doesn't finish high enough in the Semi-Pro series to be in the top 25% or if they just don't shoot enough matches period. Can they still show up at the unknown qualifier match to have a shot at the Pro Series?

I'd say yes to your first question based on my reading, which would mean no to your 2nd question. But things can always change and I'm not even sure what we are reading has been officially released yet, so that could change too.

How about the Junior and ladies shoot offs in Vegas? Very cool deal there.

I don't think you are eligible for either of those categories. Kind of hope they push it back to Friday (if possible) so those juniors don't miss as much school. :cheers:

Am I piecing this together correctly:

If you got selected to shoot pro this year but finish in the bottom 25% you must re-qualify at an undetermined match next year.

If you are not pro this year but want to try to qualify you must sign-up for semi-pro, and then finish in the top ??% of semi-pro to be allowed to compete at the re-qualifing match next year to go pro. Where you will shoot against the pros who had to re-qualify for a certain number of slots in the pro series.

So my guess is that anyone who is was selected to shoot PRO this year, but decided not to, will HAVE to sign-up for semi-pro this year to be eligible for next year's PRO re-qualifier match?

If this is the case, and the PRO slots that turn over each year is 25%, or about 16 shooters. AND those folks that finished in the top 64 last year but could not participate, for whatever reason this year, decide to go for PRO next year through the qulification process, there will not be much "New Blood" in the PRO series next year. It would end up being closer to the actual top 64 finishers this year.

Some of the best shooters in the game who couldn't make it to the 3GN mandatory matches may be shooting semi-pro this year, if they have to inorder to qualify for next year's pro series.

Just couple of questions:

What is determine's a shooter competes in the Amateur or Semi-pro division?

3-Gun Nation Semi-Pro Division

2. A competitor’s score may come from any division.

Does that INCLUDE trooper at MGM Ironman?

also

If you compete in the semi-pro division are you not allowed to compete in the Divisional series?

Edited by DocMedic

As I read it, it looks to me like it is one or the other, but from the looks of those rules they appear to be rough drafts that where not yet ready to be officially posted. I think we still need to wait for the "final" rules to know for sure.

Edited by Stlhead

The semi-pro series has this note:

3. A competitor’s score may come from any division (excluding Pro-Am Pro division).

This will significantly effect the choices that are made at registration next week. Can we get some clarification on this???

I am reading it right if I want to shoot the AM series and signup for Pro at the Pro Am any points gained will not be used?

3. A competitor’s score may come from any division (excluding Pro-Am Pro division).

This will significantly effect the choices that are made at registration next week. Can we get some clarification on this???

I am reading it right if I want to shoot the AM series and signup for Pro at the Pro Am any points gained will not be used?

That was my interpretation, subject to change in the event that more information becomes available.

Just a guess but from the outside looking in they want all the shooters in the PRO series to shoot Tac Optics at the pro am match and LaRue. If they gave out points at those matches to other divisions their would be no Pro's in the other divisions which could drastically change the points earned in the other divisions because theoretically the best shooters wouldn't be participating in the non TO divisions.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser