Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Tour 2012

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I can't hardly wait... but a little patience couldn't hurt. I've been shooting local matches primarily and want to step it up a bit. Sadly it may not be until July in which I can start attending. Hopefully they put AR.com, Blue Ridge and Ozark back (as that's what I plan on attending) on it and maybe a few others on the East coast...

Edited by KTKlaus

I could care less about 3Gun Nation. I like to shoot, don't like the show. I used to like to play golf, never watched it. If ESPN could make Formula 1 really cool to watch, someone can make a 3 Gun Match cool to watch. This just isn't it.

I could care less about 3Gun Nation. I like to shoot, don't like the show. I used to like to play golf, never watched it. If ESPN could make Formula 1 really cool to watch, someone can make a 3 Gun Match cool to watch. This just isn't it.

Yikes!!!How about the fact that they are bribing more Shooters and sponsors out to matches?

I do not like any other gun related programing on TV. I don't watch any sport related events. I do not have the attention span to watch an entire game. But I like 3GN. I like the way it profiles the shooter, as well as shows some actual action. Not crazy about the shootoff, but i understand that is how they get others with a short attention span interested.

I do not like any other gun related programing on TV. I don't watch any sport related events. I do not have the attention span to watch an entire game. But I like 3GN. I like the way it profiles the shooter, as well as shows some actual action. Not crazy about the shootoff, but i understand that is how they get others with a short attention span interested.

Yeah I understand the short attention lol I swear last year I could watch the show on my computer but this year no....not home enough to watch adult tv....just cartoons since the kids rules the house lol

• 3 weeks later...

This just in...

The 3-Gun Nation Pro Series is an exciting new points series format, designed specifically for the best 3-gunners in the game.

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise two (2) 3GN-produced matches:

3GN Pro # 1 – St. Augustine, FL, presented by Stag Arms

3GN Pro # 3 – Covington, GA, presented by Stag Arms

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise two (2) 3GN-affiliated or "host" matches:

3GN Pro # 2 – Larue Tactical Texas Multi-Gun Championships

3GN Pro # 4 – AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am

The 3GN Pro Series will comprise one (1) 3GN-point series finale match:

3GN Pro # 5 – FNH USA 3-Gun Championship

As a 3GN Pro, it will be MANDATORY* to compete in the two (2)

3GN-produced matches:

March 31, 2012 – Ancient City Shooters Club, Jacksonville, FL

June 16, 2012 – South River Gun Club, Covington, GA

Your third (3rd) series match (mandatory for 3GN Championship qualification) can come from one (1) of the three (3) following matches:

1. The Larue Tactical Texas Multi-Gun – OR –

2. The AR15.com / Rockcastle Pro-Am – OR –

3. FNH USA 3-Gun Championships

If you choose to shoot all five (5) 3GN Pro Series matches, then the best three (3) scores will be used for overall 3GN Pro Series points. The three (3) scores will determine entry into the 3GN Pro Series Championship — held in conjunction with SHOT Show in Las Vegas, January 2013. The top 30 competitors, based on series points, will advance to the Las Vegas 3-Gun Nation Championship shoot-off Finale. Shooters will be seeded based on overall points. Top 2 shooters will receive a first round bye.

3GN PRO SERIES FORMAT

The two (2) 3GN-produced matches will introduce a professional 3-gun format designed specifically for the top-level 3-gun competitor. It features a one-day, six-stage match format that will be the proving ground for the entire 2013 3GN Tour – as all 2013 3GN Pro Series matches will be produced by 3GN. The rules system will be simplified, and targets will be standardized for professional-level competition and a national audience.

Each 2012 Pro Series match will feature an elite, 64-man field. From here forward all 3-Gun Nation Pro Series events will be Tactical Optics only.

The two (2) 3GN "host" matches for 2012 will be similar to previous 3GN partnered matches, with points collected based on overall match finish – and the top 8 Pro Series Tactical Optics competitors advancing to the 3GN Shoot-Off.

Only 3GN Pro Series (Tactical Optics) competitors will be eligible for 3GN Points, 3GN Shoot-Offs and 3GN cash payouts.

In addition, Pro-Series competitors will be allowed to use their own Tactical Optics equipment and ammunitition in the 3GN Shoot-offs, ommitting the final round – of which sponsor products will be used.

Cash payouts at all 3GN events, both 3GN-affiliated and 3GN-produced, will increase in 2012, with a guaranteed $10,000 cash going to the top three competitors: $5,000 for first place, $3,000 for second place, and $2,000 for third place. Each 3GN-produced Pro Series match will feature a 100% cash payback system based on paid entry fees.

At each (non) 3GN-produced match, a $25 administration fee will be assessed to 3GN Pro Series competitors.

3GN DIVISIONAL SERIES presented by Hornady

Registration as a 3GN Pro also allows you to compete in the 3GN Divisional Series, presented by Hornady. Similar to the 2011 season, Hornady will award $5,000 for the overall points winner of the following divisions: Open, Tactical Optics, Tactical Iron, Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal Optics. 3GN Divisional Points will be awarded at the following 3GN divisional matches: Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, CMMG Midwest 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun, Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun.

Yikes!!!How about the fact that they are bribing more Shooters and sponsors out to matches?

+1 Jadeslade

Last big match I went to I had to pay 200.00+ to get in. Not much of a bribe IMHO.

Thanks to FNH for supporting the sport. THANK YOU!

But some of the associated BS that go along with it is not worth it to me (average Joe, middle of the pack shooter)

Great investment in those open shotguns...

And irons and heavy metal.

Is Shot Show sticking with Vegas from now on. I thought they did Orlando every other year(just what I had heard in the past)

It's been a couple years since they were in Orlando. I seem to remember they might go back sometime in the future. The facility there is even smaller than the Sands and they receive a larger crowd in Vegas.

So if you don't get into both of these matches you are done-done.

Registration for the first match should be interesting.

David E.

David E.

They have 64 slots to each match and its by invitation only, so if you didnt get an invitation to the matches you cant get in.

David E.

It won't be interesting. You have to be invited. The only thing that will be interesting is if they can't find 64 shooters to shoot. But I doubt that will happen. I am really excited about the one day format. Fly in Friday after work. Shoot Saturday and fly home Saturday night or Sunday morning.

What will be interesting is that 3 of the point series matches are already full and now there is no way to get in them. Hell one of them is capped at 125 shooters. I guess with Leupold as a match sponsor and it being on the west coast it got included to make certain folks happy???

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

David E.

It won't be interesting. You have to be invited. The only thing that will be interesting is if they can't find 64 shooters to shoot. But I doubt that will happen. I am really excited about the one day format. Fly in Friday after work. Shoot Saturday and fly home Saturday night or Sunday morning.

What will be interesting is that 3 of the point series matches are already full and now there is no way to get in them. Hell one of them is capped at 125 shooters. I guess with Leupold as a match sponsor and it being on the west coast it got included to make certain folks happy???

But thats just for the division championships... To qualify for the 3GN shoot-off finale you have to shoot the two mandatory matches and one of LaRue, ProAm or FNH.

All other matches have no bearing for any shoot-offs, only for the $5k divisional prizes...So, the NW MG match will give you points to win the end-of-the-year $5k division prize, but its useless for anything else related to 3GN

Edited by gose