Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thank you to Sam and Elizabeth Keen, all of the people that worked behind the scenes, the match staff, even the guys that ran the cronograph, and the Memphis Shooting Sports Association. This was my third challenge and it keeps getting better each year. It was unfortunate that we only had 58 revolver shooters.. you know 40 more than made nationals...

The match was fun and challenging and ran pretty seamlessly. Thank you to Lisa Farrell and Apex... the L frame hammer will soon find its way in a brand new 686 that I am going to have built for ICORE Classic.. you know win a hammer build a gun to fit it :)

The MCC is one of the best matches a person can go to I meet new friends every year I go. you just can't beat revolver shooters...

Congrats to Cliff Walsh for the match win and Ed Savard for whipping me in B class. can't wait too see all of the friendly faces of the revolver world at the next MCC

Edited by ChrisC

Great match, had a fantastic time on my first trip to Memphis. Thanks to Sam and the rest of the folks who set up and ran the match, you guys did an amazing job.

Sam, I completely forgot about the match shirts and didn't hear if they made it or not. If they were made and I just missed them, let me know and I'll mail you a check + shipping (you know, for the kids....)

Just wanted to drop a thank you to everyone who helped for the great match. I haven't been to many big matches and hardly ever see anyone else shooting revolver back home so was a eye opener. Had some issues myself and was shown once again that uspsa shooters are a great bunch of people (Thanks again Paul and Scott). Will definately do all i can to come back next year. D.T.

What a FANTASTIC match. Thanks to Sam and Elizabeth and EVERYONE else involved in the set-up, scoring, and the RO's, etc. A great match for a great cause. A big thanks for the match sponsors and people who donated to the match.

First MCC and I will be back. Had a great squad and I hope they let me shoot with them next year(team blubber :D). I didn't shoot very well but I didn't mind as I was having so much fun shooting a match that was full of revolvers.

Congrats to Cliff for match win.

Our squad had a good showing. With Jess 2nd overall and Scott 3rd overall, Roger 1st A and Chris 2nd B. 4 in the top 10 Nice job guys.

David (brnhp35) already posted above he had his gun go down half way thru the match. He used my backup gun and Scott had enough extra ammo for him to use to finish the match. What he didn't tell you was after the match he won the Springfield gun that was raffled off to people that shot the match. They had two other guns that they sold raffle tickets for that was open to anyone and tickets had been sold all summer for those. David was standing next to me when they were drawing for the other guns and I said in jest something to the effect of "you already won your gun you better not win another gun" He said if I do I'll make them draw again. I thought that was cool but what are the odds of that happening :wacko:. Well guess what he got drawed for the other Springfield 1911.

He stood by his word and had them draw again and Elizabeth's dad won the gun.

Very classy move David. You were right USPSA shooters are great bunch of people.

Scott and I still want visitation rights to the gun you won. :roflol:

Edited by Bosshoss

Just wanted to say 'Thank You' to all the people that put on the MCC. It was a great match and I had a great time. This was the first MCC for me and I hope not the last. It was also the first time I've seen and shot the polish plate rack. I think I had beginners luck with it. Thanks again. Jim

Edited by jtwilliams

Just wanted to say 'Thank You' to all the people that put on the MCC. It was a great match and I had a great time. This was the first MCC for me and I hope not the last. It was also the first time I've seen and shot the polish plate rack. I think I had beginners luck with it. Thanks again. Jim

That was no luck, Jim - you did a fine job on the PPR!

Thanks to Sam and the whole Mid-South crew for putting on a fine match. You've inspired me to actually practice with my revolver in 2013 and come back!

BB

Reading the comments above I regret even more not being able to make the match this year. This was the first MCC that I have missed and hope not to miss another one in the near future. The MCC is normally one of the competitive highlights of my year, right up there with competing in the US Fencing Nationals.

I look forward to purchasing some of the T-Shirts from the match as a small consolation for not being able to make the match. This way I can advertise next years match and possibly get some more shooters from my area to attend.

Congats to all of the participants and well done to all of those who made the match go smoothly and an anual event for a good cause.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any video of the match

JAB, ChrisC. has some videos. I stumble on them on his Youtube page from time to time. But other than that I do not know how to access them. Maybe he will chime in. He has been a bit busy as the top Oklahoman at the SRAP Revolver Championships in Duncan. and crushing No. 343 in his spare time. later rdd

• 2 weeks later...

North Mountain donated two Mossburg shotguns to the match, and we had another Springfield pistol to give away.

When we were doing the prize table I completely forgot about having the extra guns. Since all guns are awarded randomly I decided to do so later. Later has come and gone, but I have been called away for work and haven't been home but one day since the MCC. So for that I apologize to every one, and especially Bob @ North Mountain.

This Monday I will actually be home working for a week and intend to tie up all the loose ends. I hope every one understands.

Hopalong/Sam

Edited by hopalong

North Mountain donated two Mossburg shotguns to the match, and we had another Springfield pistol to give away.

When we were doing the prize table I completely forgot about having the extra guns. Since all guns are awarded randomly I decided to do so later. Later has come and gone, but I have been called away for work and haven't been home but one day since the MCC. So for that I apologize to every one, and especially Bob @ North Mountain.

This Monday I will actually be home working for a week and intend to tie up all the loose ends. I hope every one understands.

Hopalong/Sam

Talked with Sam tonight. Those of you who shot the match, stay tuned. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Winners of the remaining firearms

Randomly drawn. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jess C. Springfield xd

Sam K Mossberg shotgun tactical pump. . . . . . . . . . .Redrawn and now goes to Jerry B.

Johnny B. Mossberg pump

congrats to all, and Jess and Jerry contact me

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Just talked with Val - there was an electronic snafu with the results and hence why the results weren't populated. So she is resubmitting into the system. We should see them in the next cycle.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• 4 weeks later...