Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Memphis Charity Challenge

And let me repeat this plug along these lines - the Sunday following this match will be MSSA's local club match where we shoot the same stages. And whether you shoot open to production at the local match, the stages are still very fun and not so simple! Sam's stages are not the 6 shots here, 6 shots there, and then maybe another 6 shot somewhere else......oh no! You will have to come up with a plan.

Mover, for folks who are traveling from out of town, would it be practical to stay Saturday night and shoot the Sunday match too with the club (either Revolver again or another division)? Or is it a closed club match? If I'm going to drive 9 hours I'd rather make a weekend of it and get 2 matches in.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let me repeat this plug along these lines - the Sunday following this match will be MSSA's local club match where we shoot the same stages. And whether you shoot open to production at the local match, the stages are still very fun and not so simple! Sam's stages are not the 6 shots here, 6 shots there, and then maybe another 6 shot somewhere else......oh no! You will have to come up with a plan.

Mover, for folks who are traveling from out of town, would it be practical to stay Saturday night and shoot the Sunday match too with the club (either Revolver again or another division)? Or is it a closed club match? If I'm going to drive 9 hours I'd rather make a weekend of it and get 2 matches in.

you are more than welcome to stay and shoot on sunday.

lynn

you are more than welcome to stay and shoot on sunday.

lynn

Thanks Lynn, that will make for a great weekend to wrap up my season! Maybe we'll take a couple extra days and make it a barbecue & bullets mini vacation.... :goof:

• 2 weeks later...

With that being said - at this match (MCC), everyone will be shooting revolver......therefore every stage is just as revolver neutral for the next guy. :goof:

Of course, that's only IF your equipment retains your speedloaders when you're running around like a wild man, and IF you manage to get all of those bullets into the cylinder when you make those lightning fast reloads. "Golly gee, Batman, where did all those bullets GO?" :surprise:

While browsing on the USPSA web site, I noticed in the match self squadding section some people were already signed up for this match. Are the entry forms out now? If so where? Thanks

The folks that you are seeing as already squadded should be just match staff at this point.

2012's application about to be uploaded.

Edited by moverfive

• 2 weeks later...

Try as I might I cannot work out things to be able to participate in the MCC this year. :(

Work related training will prevent my attendance, but I plan on making it to the match again in 2013. :)

Good luck to all of those who will be participating.

Try as I might I cannot work out things to be able to participate in the MCC this year. :(

Work related training will prevent my attendance, but I plan on making it to the match again in 2013. :)

Good luck to all of those who will be participating.

Damn, that sucks! Well, I guess that means I won't HAVE to be double-plugged this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been extremely busy with my work that pays the bills lately. I am off until next Monday so I will update you on what's going on.

MATCH HOTEL: Holiday Inn Express......7784 Wolftrail Cove ....Germantown, TN 38138 (901-309-6700) 18 miles from the range. We have arranged a rate of $85.00 a night for Single Kings and $89.00 a night for Double Queens. We have 30 held and if they are all reserved they will give us more. As usuall fore every 10 rooms we reserve the match gets 1 for free for staff so let's help keep match costs down and reserve about 40 to 50 rooms again this year. Reservation code is : MCC and we have that guaranteed rate until October 2 after that rates go up to normal.

We'll have 10 stages again this year, and the Polish Plate rack has said it will return with a friend this year !!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: Expect the same 25 rounds per stage average as in the past. We will be having a Chronograph this year so be prepaired for that.

North Mountain is again putting up the random guns, and the same challenge. IF we get 80 Revolver shooters in the match North Mountain will Donate a S&W 500 to the prize table also. Thanks Bob !!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Elizabeth and I took a tour of the new Hospital this February and we suggest anyone who can come on Friday early enough to take a tour yourself and see what our match is helping do. To get in on the Friday tour contact Bill Grewe through the forums.....he goes by STAGE 3 !!!!!!

Springfield along with North Mountain again are Match Sponsors........ We will again be raffling off an M1a, and a Loaded 45 Stainless to anyone and some variant of a 45 Pistol again to just the competitors along with the normal prize table. For raffle tickets contact me through the forums and I'll get some to you. We will also have an auction as usuall.

Please drag anyone and everyone you can with you in November. Until then Get ready for some fun. Entry Forms have been posted here by Liz and Brad previously so send them in ASAP.

If you have a question or comment please let me know. (Yes I know the steel challenge is the same weekend as our match.....tooo bad for them ;) )

Hopalong

Oh, and I still have a few trophies to send out. Hopefully I can get that finished up soon.

Edited by hopalong

i heard a rumor but i done forgot what the polish plate racks friend is...

The PPR's friend is that popper set 50 yards infornt ot the PPR taht you have to activate before you reach the PPR that get's it moving. But since No343 has never shot at it while it was stationairy he has no problems with it. :devil: later rdd

• 2 weeks later...