Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well i think i might give up my deer hunt this year and come down to shoot this match i heard nothing but good things about the match and all the people that run it and the shooters. Any one know of good cheap flights out of buffalo could you let me know as the fights out Canada are alot of $$

John,

I've been doing a little looking on flights out of Buffalo. So far, I'm not seeing any great options, so far. Prices are running $3-400 for most flights if booked now. Right now it's a toss up for me as to whether to fly, or drive it.

I've not fully decided on attendance to the match yet. But, it sure sounds like a great time with revolvers, and good folk! It's a definate maybe so far!

Any one that shoots a Revolver should try and make this event.BobbieJo and I attended for the first time in 2011,We had so much fun.What else can you say revo people are the best! Its also a great cause.We also greatly Appreciate Bob at North Mountain for his support.We all ready have it scheduled.Deer hunting just has to wait until after this match!

I have been fortunate enough to participate in the match evey year it has been held. It is THE most fun match I have ever attended. The stages are always enjoyable and challenging, while the participants are just great to shoot with. The children's charity part makes it even better.

I am trying to work out making it this year, as work related training has come up right around that time period. <_<

This is the most important match of the year to me above all the others that I consider. I have gauged my improvement each year in revolver division by how I do at this match. Where else can you shoot with 65+ revolver shooters and see how your skills compare? :)

4wheelguns will be supporting the Memphis Charity Challenge again this year. Two Mossbergs and a SW500 if we get 80 paying shooters attending.

Hey Bob, I didn't win a gun last year. Keep that SW500 shined up for me, OK?

Meanwhile, I'll have my new knee joint shortly, and I'll be polishing it up in anticipation of a great match.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. Stryker knee replacement installed April 3rd. :cheers: Rehab well underway. Still can't walk up stairs unaided, but getting around OK on the flat with and without a cane. Plenty of time to get ready for Memphis. Dress rehearsal will be Area 8 in August. :sight:

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of going this year, from what I can see on YouTube, it seems everything is revolver neutral? How do they score, is it major or minor like USPSA? Do they chronograph? Is it for 6 shot revolvers only?

Thanks for any information.

The match is a USPSA match going by USPSA rules.....Major is Major, Minor is Minor.....6 shots before the reload or OPEN....Normal USPSA rules..

All the stages are normal USPSA stages don't look for or expect anything special because you shoot revolver. ;-)

Hopalong

Thinking of going this year, from what I can see on YouTube, it seems everything is revolver neutral? How do they score, is it major or minor like USPSA? Do they chronograph? Is it for 6 shot revolvers only?

Thanks for any information.

Revolver Neutral as in everyone shoots a Revolver.

Courses are standard you will have to think and plan to try to get only 6 shots at each position. And then I'm sure Sam will come up with some where it's impossible. It's not like an ICORE COF where they make it so you can shoot the course without a standing reload, there will be many standing reloads, but everyone will be doing them.

Revolver Neutral as in everyone shoots a Revolver.

Courses are standard you will have to think and plan to try to get only 6 shots at each position. And then I'm sure Sam will come up with some where it's impossible. It's not like an ICORE COF where they make it so you can shoot the course without a standing reload, there will be many standing reloads, but everyone will be doing them.

And let me repeat this plug along these lines - the Sunday following this match will be MSSA's local club match where we shoot the same stages. And whether you shoot open to production at the local match, the stages are still very fun and not so simple! Sam's stages are not the 6 shots here, 6 shots there, and then maybe another 6 shot somewhere else......oh no! You will have to come up with a plan.

With that being said - at this match (MCC), everyone will be shooting revolver......therefore every stage is just as revolver neutral for the next guy. :goof: