Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to decide between Noveske and JP

Parsons

I know these topics are discussed over and over but I have searched many forums and can not really find what I am looking for. I know there are many other brands out there that are good but I have read nothing but good reviews on these two companies. The reason I can not decide between the two is because I am going to be using this gun for more than just competitions. I have read that JP is outstanding for competition but doesn't hold up great to harsher environments while Noveske is more duty use friendly. I am going to be using this gun at competitions but also out on my property doing run and gun and other scenarios with my friends.

If I go with JP the gun I am leaning towards is the JP-15 or even a lower cost one like the JP-15D if it is just as good but just not as fancy. With Noveske it will either be the Rogue Hunter or the VTAC in 16 inch. I am looking to spend at most $2000.

If anyone has another model they think I should look at between these two companies please let me know what model and any additional info as to why it may be better for me. Which ever gun I order will be in 5.56.

Thanks everyone,

Brandon

I have a Noveske that I use for competition and am leaning toward a JP for duty use (their we've got your back" is unmatched for those of use who might have to use the rifle in the line of duty).

IMO, both companies make outstanding products and have great customer service...can't go wrong either way. My only concern would be finding one rifle which does everything you want for both competition and other use may be a little tough...going to have to compromise somewhere I would think. Which is the only excuse I needed to get one for each!

Good luck.

Both make excellent ARs. My JP competition gun is every bit as reliable as my other non-competition ARs and is so nice to shoot that I end up using it in non-comp applications. Both brands you are considering are popular enough to find at any match. Most shooters are happy to let you try them so shoot both and get the one you like shooting the best.

For duty I'd go with Noveske. For competition JP. Both would make fine rifles either way. I'm not real fond of the rail systems Noveske uses for competition, but they'd be fine for duty. Noveske started out oriented to the tactical market and their offerings still show this slant. JP has been involved with competition for years and years and I have yet to see a better competition rifle at any price. Some equal, but nothing to make me want to give up my current gun. Either way you'll get a good gun.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still a tough choice and I know I am going to have to compromise somewhere as CMV mentioned.

Jesse you wore your gun out and they built you a new one for free? That sounds like a deal to me.

Any other info is greatly appreciated.

Parsons

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still a tough choice and I know I am going to have to compromise somewhere as CMV mentioned.

Jesse you wore your gun out and they built you a new one for free? That sounds like a deal to me.

Parsons

I wish it was only wore out. I blew it up!!!

Parsons

They actually replaced the rifle you totally nuked? wow

I have read that JP is outstanding for competition but doesn't hold up great to harsher environments

Just wondering, where?

Also, why does it have to be 5.56? JP Supermatch barrels are not 5.56 they are 223 Wylde and will shoot 223 Remington or 5.56 if you wish.

Parsons

They actually replaced the rifle you totally nuked? wow

Not the entire rifle just the upper. The lower was OK just needed a new mag catch spring. They not only replaced the $1800 upper they upgraded the handguard from the rifle length to the newer 15" model. I can't say enough good things about JP enterprises. Plus I got to meet one of the guys that works there during the process at a match or two and made a new drinking/shooting buddy. What a deal!

TruePunisher, I don't remember which website it was on. It was on a google search and i clicked on a post to one of the gun forums and read it. It was mostly about their triggers messing up.

Also, I was wanting 5.56 because thats what my other AR is and would be cheaper buying ammo if they were both the same and didn't have to buy two different calibers.

I was wanting 5.56 because thats what my other AR is and would be cheaper buying ammo if they were both the same and didn't have to buy two different calibers.

The Wylde chamber is designed to handle 5.56 or .223 equally well. So

-- 5.56 ammo is perfectly fine in a 5.56 chamber or a Wylde chamber.

-- .223 ammo is perfectly fine in a .223 chamber or a Wylde chamber

There's no need to "buy two different calibers" with a Wylde. It's a no-downside choice.

I own one of each and they are both top notch rifles. I would be hard pressed to chosse one over the other. Either way you will not be dissappointed.

Want to second the chamber statement; with a Wylde chamber you will be good with either .223 or 5.56.

Good luck and good shooting!

I have several AR's, and the one I always come back to is the JP. It has 14 thousand rounds + through it and it still shoots MOA. It is the only rifle I have that will pattern the same with cheep 55's and 69gr SMKs (the SMKs are MOA), all the other rifles one groups high left. Get a JP.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the fence a few weeks ago between a Larue predatAR and a JP. After much study and listening to folks here on the forum (and spending some time with my buddies JP CTR02), I chose a JP CTR02. When I finally made my decision, it was mainly due to the Larue having a mid length gas system (and not being totaly sure if I would like their handguard, which is proprietary)and JP having a rifle length system (and the same handguard that I have on my HM rifle). Also, while I believe the Larue is a fine rifle, I had factored in the cost of adding a JP LMOS Bolt carrier and buffer, changing the stock, and adding a comp to the Larue to get what I wanted in a rifle. The JP came like I wanted it, but I did pay more for it.

I can't speak for Noveske, I have not owned one, but have heard good things about them from people that do. I would imagine either rifle would serve you well.

Hurley