Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Lever in the Limited Division?

Frederico

Hi there,

I´m from Brazil and I will shoot the Florida Open in February, but I have a doubt about the Limited rules.

Can I use the lever attached to the slide that helps putting the round in the chamber?

A can’t post a picture because I’m a new member. :blush:

Thanks.

PS: Sorry my bad English.

I shot IPSC Standard Division, so I know that I will have to remove the Thumb Rest and change my Barrel, that have a Tungsten weight.

But I couldn’t find anything about the slide racker.

APPENDIX D2 — Limited Division

21 Authorized Modifications

•Internal modifications to improve accuracy, reliability and function (such as spherical bushings, Acc-U-Rails).

•Replacement barrels – provided they are the same length as original factory standard.

•Exchange of minor components (springs, safeties, slide stops, guide rods).

22 Prohibited Modifications

External modifications or features such as weights or devices to control or reduce recoil (such as but not limited to thumb rests or components which could be used as such).

Thanks.

A racker is allowed, App D2 makes no mention of them, ergo, allowed.

I'd say that a tungsten sleeved barrel is allowed as well, given that replacement barrels are allowed as long as they are the same length. The rulebook mentions nothing about the replacement barrel being the same weight.

And yes, a larger safety is allowed.

A slide racker is not allowed in the USPSA Limited division. I will find the rule when I get home tonight and post it.

Slide racker is actually legal. I checked before I added one to my Limited gun. Thumbrest no as it is a recoil control device.

A slide racker is not allowed in the USPSA Limited division. I will find the rule when I get home tonight and post it.

Slide racker is actually legal. I checked before I added one to my Limited gun. Thumbrest no as it is a recoil control device.

+1 Pretty extensive discussion on here about it.

What about a larger safety lock? Something like the double length of the STI Factory?

And a trimmer sight? Mine I trimmed the sides to help changing targets.

Both are good-to-go in USPSA, as is the slide racker.

If I could send a picture. :(

Unfortunately, this year we have been the victim of many internet spam attacks that included dangerous links and inappropriate pictures.

To combat this we set the system software to not allow links or pictures from members with less than 25 posts (if I remember the number correctly).