Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA multigun using Pistol Classfication

So if USPSA multigun uses the shooters limited or OPEN Classification to rank a shooter at Major Matches I was just wondering if below statement should apply :devil:

Your performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help

establish classification. Placement in a major event with a score above your

assigned class percentage may result in your being promoted to a higher class,

even if your current average is lower. Winning first or second in class at an Area

Championship or Major Tournament AND shooting into the next higher class

may result in promotion (except to Grand Master); winning High Overall in an

Area Championship may promote you to Grand Master class. In addition, if you

score 95% or higher at a USPSA national championship, you will be immediately moved to Grand Master class for that division

So if USPSA multigun uses the shooters limited or OPEN Classification to rank a shooter at Major Matches I was just wondering if below statement should apply :devil:

That my friend was no "coal". That is more like a firecracker!

I think it's all quite inconsequential based on the limited number of matches that are USPSA affiliated. Our local USPSA pistol clubs don't even use USPSA rules for 3 gun matches- they use Fort Benning rules.

But, I have to say you lost me with all the "class" talk. :) Cause I ain't got none!

Edited by Bryan 45

even if your current average is lower. Winning first or second in class at an Area

score 95% or higher at a USPSA national championship, you will be immediately moved to Grand Master class for that division

This rule applies only to pistol matches. If you shoot a tournment or area match or nationals and there are 3 or more GMs in your division, the match results may be entered as any other classifier for you. I have never seen USPSA use match results from any MG or 3Gun match for this purpose.

USPSA's classification system is a primary reason that USPSA is the leader in pistol competitions. Were USPSA to also establish classifications for shotgun and rifle, they could lead there as well.

This rule applies only to pistol matches. If you shoot a tournment or area match or nationals and there are 3 or more GMs in your division, the match results may be entered as any other classifier for you. I have never seen USPSA use match results from any MG or 3Gun match for this purpose.

USPSA's classification system is a primary reason that USPSA is the leader in pistol competitions. Were USPSA to also establish classifications for shotgun and rifle, they could lead there as well.

Sorry Charles but I had to chuckle at this. USPSA offering classifications for rifle or shotgun wouldnt do a thing to make them a leader. They have a lot more to do to get there!!!

Has anyone ever done a poll to get feedback on the thought of rifle, shotgun, and/or 3-Gun classifiers?

Did you don Nomex prior to posting that? I think that the last guy that aasked that question is living in a van down by the river eating a steady diet of gov't cheese.

:roflol:

As a USPSA pistol match director who has run exactly one outlaw style multigun match, if USPSA were to institute that policy, I would go out of my way to hold even more outlaw matches.

Edited by Chills1994

It was kinda tongue in cheek when I posted on my USPSA clubs's Facebook page that I was starting another competition venue and was going to call it the Broad Shoulders and Thick Skin shooter's league. I reckon I would just call them "beee sats" matches for short.

Here is a multigun classifier stage that I made up for the Northwest Multigun Challenge, called El Presidente Times 3. We made some adjustments between divisions to even things out and gave a cash prize to the winner. This is John Bagakis' run, who came in 2nd, and Kelly Neal won the cash beating all the other shooters including the Open folks.

Doug

Can someone please explain what your pistol classification and multi-gun

have to do with each other in USPSA matches ?

I am not sure why USPSA gives awards based on your pistol classification.

Oh and classifiers for rifle and shotgun... how many more awards can there be !

Edited by CraigS.