Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

guns

wingnut

I can only give half an answer sorry.

I owned a Pro and did not like it's reliability. It was a hard gun to do much tinkering with and keep it running with low PF loads.

If you can get passed the DA first shot trigger pull on the CZ I think it is a much better gun but I have never even fired one so TTFWIW.

I think the CZ will win this one.

I can't comment on the CZ, but I have a 9mm Pro and I love it.

I have 3700 rounds through it and have had only 3 malfunctions. Those malfunctions were due to some reloads I was using. I have shot a variety of rounds as well. For example, Speer 124 +P, Winchester Ranger, Atlanta Arms 147 FMJ, White box, Federal Champion, plus a few handloads of differing sorts just to name a few.

I enjoyed it so much that I bought a .40 Pro for Limited next year. I will say this, the .40 initially isn't too fond of JHPs. I have got to sort that issue out.

3 M&P's and only malfunction was with wolf primers. Click and no bang with a solid dimple. Clearly a primer issue. S&W has excellent customer service should you need it. Have not heard great things about cz customer service.

There is plenty you can do to the trigger, magwell, higher cap mags, sights if you go limited. Production its almost ready to go.

Both guns are good so I would say it boils down to personal preference in the end.

I have had zero malfs with my M&P that were gun related. Just put an APEX comp trigger kit in mine so we will see how it runs when I get out to the range again.

I have a .40 Pro and love it with major or minor ammo. Only use Atlanta Arms re-manufactured. Its been great for Limited, L10 and IDPA.

My 13 yr old son has a 9 Pro and shoots SSC, IDPA and USPSA. He shoots my reloads. 147 gr Berry's over 3.2 titegroup for minor loads. Between the two of us we have 5-6k rounds through them with 0 malfunctions. I love their "ability" to shoot multiple disciplines with one gun.

My M&Ps have been fairly reliable, but not flawless. I have an M&P 9mm FS and a new Pro 5", a 40 S&W FS and a .40 S&W Compact.

I have about ~24K through these guns so far, mainly in 9mm, and this has been my experience:

Part breakages are as follows:

1.) 2 slide stops

2.) 1 old style striker assembly

3.) 1 trigger spring

Malfunctions are as follows:

1.) Pro 5" (new 10/26/11) stock rear sight shook loose under recoil

2.) Pro 5" - 1 bad magazine causing multiple FTFs

3.) All FS and Compact guns - white sight paint shot out of FS and some on the rear sights as well

4.) Pro 5" - light primer hits out of the box, back at S&W now to diagnose (same ammo runs 100% out of my 9mm FS)

5.) 9mm FS - dead trigger (5 instances w/new sear housing block and larger dia. sear spring)

6.) 9mm FS - believe it is unlocking early (shoots very high at 25 yards and groups are strung vertically). Didn't notice this until ~6K rounds or so, replaced RSA with no improvement

I've never fired a CZ, but in December, I'll have a short dust cover Shadow on the way.

3 M&P's and only malfunction was with wolf primers. Click and no bang with a solid dimple. Clearly a primer issue. S&W has excellent customer service should you need it. Have not heard great things about cz customer service.

There is plenty you can do to the trigger, magwell, higher cap mags, sights if you go limited. Production its almost ready to go.

CZ customer service SUCKS!

I will never own another CZ product because of it. :angry2:

How do they fit in your hand?

How do they feel to your mind.

I had a CZ loved it but it didnt feel comfortable in my hand and that showed in my scores.

M&P Pro fits my hand feels comfortable and I shoot it well.

But thats me and I shoot my STIs a whole lot better than either.

Falures, nothing to speak of from either gun.