Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which handguard?

kimberacp

Hello, I am looking to replace an aluminum FF handguard on my 20" (w/low profile gas block)barrel AR. I want a 15" HG to cover the block. My choices at this point are:

JP

Lancer or

LOKI.

I did look at Clark but I did read only one neg. post about the glue coming off, so I decided on a barrel nut system.

The price difference between the Lancer and the others is about 50.00 dollars. I believe LOKI does not include the JP nut, where as MIDWAY does have the JP HG, complete with nut for about 200.00 dollars or is it NORDIC has it for 109.00 dollars.

Yes, I agree the Lancer HG's are neat cooling.

What would you buy?

thanks

I would look at the Firebird Precision handguard also. With the Firebird barrel nut and carbon fiber tube it ends up being 16" overall which would look and feel good on a 20" barrel. Worth checking out and their low-pro gas block is second to none.

I'm like everybody else here and have several differnt ones that I really like, JP, PRI, Troy, etc.. I think that you might want to give a good hard look at Lancer's carbon fiber handguard. I got one about two weeks ago and have been real pleased with it. I put it and a JP 18" barrel on an upper. It points, shoots and moves from target to target qucikly and very smoothly. I expected it to be light but it is better/lighter than I expected; 13.3oz IIRC.