Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Undercut 1911's?

Tul9033

Smith & Wesson are the next closest undercut, but to my knowledge there is not another factory 1911 that has the undercut as high up as the STI Trojan.

I do not like the front strap treatment either, that is why I put a piece of skate board tape over it, problem solved

Thanks for the replies guys. If you could combine the best of the Trojan and the Sentry it would be my ideal gun. The undercut Trojan w/ the forged, polished, stainless parts, magwell, strap checkering, and the RM of the Sentry. Maybe the undercut isn't as big of a deal as I am making it out to be, I'd like to get as high on the gun as possible though.

Here is a thread with several examples: Undercut

Edited by Tul9033

I wonder if you called STI, or one of their dealers, if they could get you what you want?

'Nope.. Tried that.. Unless you want to buy frame & slide then build 1 yourself..

I've installed skate tape on my Trojan over the STIppling..

Edited by gunfixer

I think that the nicest looking one that looks like a Trojan under cut and is checkered is the fusion scout it is a frame slide kit but doesn't look like much smithing left to do. I have a fusion in tactical wide body seems to be a nice gun.

post-26600-0-17183200-1321227144_thumb.j

Hello: You could always undercut it yourself. I did that with my Spartan and then checkered the front strap. I thought of trying to checker the front strap on the Trojan but don't know if there is enough meat there to do that? I think there is but don't have a Trojan to try it on. Skate tape works well on the Trojan and the Spartan. Thanks, Eric

Colt's XSE series are undercut.

in fact it looks like several of their models are undercut.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtPistols.aspx

They are, but not the same, it is kind of like a tear drop under cut, still needs to be smoothed out and the colts are pricey

I like skate board tape, cheap works and feels good, better than 30lpi checkering and not as sharp as 20