Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

send press to dillon

i just bought a used old style rl1050 its so dirty and filthy and needs a good bath some of the plastic parts have cracks (for the money it was ok).i never had experience with this type of machine before so i gave dillon a call so they could service and clean up the machine..i spoke to a very nice fella and told me to send it over to them . my question is will they totally rebuild the machine again? change the parts for free ? and the fella told me that it would probably take 2-3 weeks do they really return them at that said date? ..as far as the no BS warranty i really want to hear other peoples personal experiences with dillon before i send the machine..thanks

Dillon has always treated me great.

My bet is they will clean, lube and replace any unservicable parts as needed.

Any time I have called or walked in while in Phoenix for a broken or wornout part they have just given it to me no questions asked, I did pay shipping.

About 6 weeks ago I needed a part for my 1050 (which is also the older model - not the super 1050). I was told that the 1050's are only warranted for a year, not a lifetime like their smaller machines. It was explained that the 1050's are more often used for commercial reloaders and therefore get much more use than the smaller 650's, 550's etc. Dillon did however send me the part I needed for free since it was an inexpensive part (under $6) so I guess I can't complain. My RL1050 was purchased about 4 years ago at an estate sale and is probably 8 years old or older and has never needed anything more than a few replacement parts. Overall I own both the RL1050 and a 550B and have absolutely no complaints. I can't honestly expect a company to warranty anything forever but Dillon sure comes close!

I sent my 650 back a couple of years ago. Took everything off that would come off and it fit in a relativly small box. Got it back in no more than 2 weeks with a new up-grade and some free parts!!! It even came back in one of the new 650 shipping boxes. It was like getting a new press in the mail!!!

Bummer the 1050's don't have the same incredible warranty.

from the paperworks that came with my 1050 it says that it was last serviced in 1989.. :o ...so this is a very old machine that needs an overhaul and tune up..im just wondering if dillon is going to charge me an arm and a leg for all the parts.(its still working its just that i want a press that will last me until my son is old enough to load for me he he .).i was thinking about just selling this and get myself a brand new super 1050 instead ..sometimes i wished i just bought the 650 instead <_<

Despite the '1-year' warrantee (which probably didn't apply in 1989 anyway), Dillon is very good about small parts for 1050's so long as you aren't a habitual abuser. Bend a shellplate and they'll bill you. A few springs and such and it's 'have a nice day'. I doubt they'll screw you on a tuneup.

My well-used-before-it-got-to-me 1050 has another 35K rounds on it with no signs of slowing down, so I'm betting it'll be around for a while.

If you've got the time and the inclination, you might want to tear your 1050 down to the bare metal and clean / regrease everything yourself. It's a good learning experience.

Call Dillon back and ask them about the costs. They are NOT known for gouging their customers, but as others have said, the RL1050 are not covered under the lifetime warranty.

They will stick to the timeframe promised!

Also, got any reloading buddies close by? Maybe one of them is really familiar with the machine and can help you out with it!

thanks guys just got a reply from dillon they will completely rebuid the machine :D so its like a new press..but they are charging an amount on the service ...well if it will come out as new i think its worth it...

My used 1050 was full of crud too, but I'd already ordered a spare parts kit for it, and chose to do the rebuild myself. If anyone opts to go that route, take it slowly, follow the manual, lube it everywhere, and replace any springs/other small parts out of the psare parts kit. Prepare for the possibility of needing to order one or more pieces from Dillon, and the attendant time delay....

Once I finally got it sorted out, mine's run like a champ...

Got my 1050 from a commercial reloader and after some years parts started wearing out. Sent it to Dillon and they replaced all sorts of parts for free. I didn't call them...just sent it in....with a note...."fix what ever it needs!!"

• 1 year later...

Hi all, just wanted to add my own Dillon experience,

I just recently was givin a very nice dillon RL450 press, near new in the box, extra shell plates and RCBS die sets, and a ton of free reloading goodies,

After reading about Dillon's great service on this forum (I didn't even know I had a lifetime warranty) I called them about getting some new primer magazines and related parts,

As Im telling the guy on the phone what I needed to replace, he's going ok-and what-else, So when Im done with my list Im waiting for him to give me a total,

He said ok I will ship that out to you, No bill!, No proof I even own one!, He didn't ask me for a serial number, or a warranty registration card! (this included RL550 primer system upgrade)

GOD, IF I COULD ONLY GET THIS KIND OF SERVICE, FOR THE STUFF I BUY!!!

Im 39, an NRA member and Now I Am a Dillon Customer for life!, I will now GLADLY give them all my business!

Dillion has allways done me right. The only fight I have ever had with them is getting my Blue Press every issue :) Everytime I have needed a part for my 550b they have just sent it, even something I broke due to my stupidity they replaced for free. They are one of the best companies I have ever delt with.

• 1 month later...
Dillion has allways done me right. The only fight I have ever had with them is getting my Blue Press every issue :) Everytime I have needed a part for my 550b they have just sent it, even something I broke due to my stupidity they replaced for free. They are one of the best companies I have ever delt with.

Ditto, service second to none

I bought a 550B from a garage sale.

I called DILLON with a list of missing parts, my credit card in hand.

When I told them I got it at a garage sale, he insisted I send it in for a full reburb.

They didn't charge me a dime.

My friend bought a 650 from the same guy and DILLON did the same thing for his.

My first press was a SDB, got it when I lived in Idaho, I moved from Idahe to CA, then to AZ. I found when I opened the box I was missing several parts and had a couple broken. Called Dillon, told them I lost the parts it was my fault and I would pay for them... they still sent me the parts free of charge.

Dillon is awesome!