Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny's Glock 35

smileydawg

How much would you pay for Dave Sevigny's Glock 35?

Includes a letter of authentication, 6 mags, mag pouches, holster and belt? The ones he used in competition to win his many titles. Trigger job, Sevigny Speedway ect..

I was just curious if people would be willing to pay more than the intrinsic value of the parts because of the history of who owned and shot it. Would you pay a premium and if so how much?

I would.

I wouldn't say it's the gun "he used in competition to win his many titles." I know he used it to win at least one national title, USPSA Limited in 2005 I believe. But the the VAST majority of his match wins he's been shooting his G34. Having said that, his G35 is certainly a neat gun. I interviewed Dave and did an article on it for The Glock Annual back in '05.

Nope, wouldn't pay a premium for it.

Dave is NOTORIOUS for shooting a relatively stock Glock. There's probably nothing in there worth a premium (No magical trigger jobs, just standard Warren Tactical sights, stipling, and the speed-well.

...and you KNOW that it's high-mileage! :roflol:

One nice thing about that gun, and this is something Dave said himself when I interviewed him, there's nothing on it that you couldn't replicate for less than $1,000 including the base gun. The stippling job is really nice, but Dave did that himself, so it didn't really add anything to the cost for him. Other than that, sights, the Speedway, he trimmed the slide stop, a conservative but no-big-deal trigger job. It does have a THE tungsten guide rod and aftermarket 15-pound recoil spring. Arredondo floorplates on the mags. If memory serves, that's it. The extra mags, and belt/holster/mag pouches setup would add a bit to the price, maybe another $300 I would guesstimate. Other than that, it just comes down to how much you're willing to pay to have "Dave Sevigny's Glock 35".

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to cut the slide stop on their guns...every once in a while I will get a bad grip and hit mine, locking the slide back. For whatever reason, usually on the first stage of a match. I was thinking about chopping mine down, now I will have to try to chop mine. Thanks Dave!

Edited by waktasz

Don't expect much if you do. Dave described the cut-down slide stop as being, "Something I wanted to experiment with, then found out it didn't make a difference once I did it," or words to that effect. I get the feeling that instead of simply installing a non-extended G17 slide stop he cut the extended, i.e. bulbous portion off the slide stop already on the gun - and when he was done, found out he just had, y'know, a non-extended Glock slide stop. :lol:

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to cut the slide stop on their guns...every once in a while I will get a bad grip and hit mine, locking the slide back. For whatever reason, usually on the first stage of a match. I was thinking about chopping mine down, now I will have to try to chop mine. Thanks Dave!

Yep, I've done it.

I cut off the exterior portion on the slide stop, leaving just the part that engages the notch.

It worked pretty well for preventing what you were experiencing and what others have (holding the slide stop down and not allowing it to engage after the last shot); you just had to remember to release the slide by retracting it slightly then releasing.

(I have been told by the Austrians that the original plan was for the G-17 to have an internal slide stop, like the Walther PPK, but they decided to make it external "because the Americans won't like it".)

If so, they were right. I wouldn't have a service-type auto pistol that doesn't have an external slide stop, as anything but a toy (say, CZ-52). If you ever have a double feed - not that Glocks every malfunction, natch - part of the drill for clearing it out includes locking the slide to rear. At that point you're going to be REALLY sorry your gun doesn't have an external slide stop lever.

Not to hijack the thread too much, but I found that if I squeeze the slide stop in a vise so it doesn't stick out quite so far, then lightly relieve the frame where the slide stop goes, it fits nice and flush and my weak hand never hits it.

Edited by waktasz