Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mice

old506

First freeze and I have them in the garage. I got out the spring trap and cheese. He stole the cheese. I put peanut butter on the trap and he takes the peanut butter but the trap is still loaded, no mouse! Finally I reset with peanut butter and got him. I can't stand the little vermin so I cleaned the garage and vacuumed every crack and crevice and then seen anther one scamper across the floor. I reset and get him. I think I am done, I cleaned every inch of the garage today but I decided to set another trap. I just checked it a few hours ago and it is stripped clean of peanut butter! What in the world is going on? I went to Lowe's and bought every fandangled trap you could ever imagine! We are at war in the home. You tell'em I'm comin and Hell's comin with me! :roflol:

Quick update......

Got another one this morning! How many can there be? My garage is new and spotless, there really isn't that many places to hide. It's not like we live in the country, all the yards are well manicured etc. etc. The nearest open ag feild is a half mile away. Maybe it will be a hard winter?

Thanks for all the ideas, the "Shake Away" is on my list.

For sport, I lay a 4 foot 2X4 parellel to any wall, about 2 - 3 inches from the wall. Then I lay a second 2X4 mid way down the first 2X4, forms a large 2X4 "T". I did this in the feed room of my barn. Next I would rattle something to spook mice. Out they come, running along the wall, to the corners, make a 90 degree turn at the corner, try to escape along the next wall. Wait, what's this board laying here, maybe it'll jump, meanwhile a well timed kick sends 4 ft. of 2X4 slamming into the wall, making a vertical pancake of the afore mentioned vermin. Splits em open nose to tail. Do this enough times to the vermin brethren and soon the surviving vermin jump every 3 inches as they run along the wall, full well knowing a unwanted end is near. However, the fat cat in waiting is bored by the ease of this kill, requiring no predation skills in order to secure a tasty meal. :P

Edited by colt22man

I too am at war with the vermin! They have decided that my washer in the basement is their new hangout :angry2: and won't even touch the traps with PB or cheese as they have been stealing the cat's food! I'll be upping my game this week though and will prevail in this little battle!

It's a hateful time of the year when the hated vermin to try and come in. I hate the taste of it myself but I found the absolute best bait to put on a mouse trap is a little bit of MetRex bar, just make sure you smear it in good. Found out the mice love them when they actually ate thru the foil package to get to eat on one I left on my work bench. I hate them mices to pieces but the MetRex hasn't failed yet.