Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation Shoot-off

Did they send out any invitations or match info this year? Last year they pinged shooters that were qualified to get a count, but this year I havent heard anything?

I know of a few that are qualified that wont go, so are they going to fill up the shoot-off match with walk-ons, or just have it with fewer people?

Edited by gose

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they send out any invitations or match info this year? Last year they pinged shooters that were qualified to get a count, but this year I havent heard anything?

I know of a few that are qualified that wont go, so are they going to fill up the shoot-off match with walk-ons, or just have it with fewer people?

Not sure, but they still haven't fix my standings issue so I'm not qualified :angry2: and I know this is a issue for some others as well. I guess if your not in the top 25 they really could give a rats... <_<

They top 64 get it in don't they? If someone thats in the top 64 are a no show then I would assume the next man on the list gets in?

Sure, but the question is, how will #65 know that one of the others backed out? Since they dont seem to take any pre-registrations for the shoot-off match, (or do they?) getting a call next Sunday at 7am saying that youre in might not be of much use if youre a few states away...

Edited by gose

They top 64 get it in don't they? If someone thats in the top 64 are a no show then I would assume the next man on the list gets in?

I guess if you're close and shoot well in the FNH match u should stick around. Either way an email to Chad and Pete is in order. I'll do that now and ask them to comment in this thread.

Sure, but the question is, how will #65 know that one of the others backed out? Since they dont seem to take any pre-registrations for the shoot-off match, (or do they?) getting a call next Sunday at 7am saying that youre in might not be of much use if youre a few states away...

This info might clear up some questions .

The 3GN rules 3 GUN NATION RULES

After event nine (9), USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals, the top 50 scores will be posted, and these competitors will earn an invitation to the FNH USA 3-Gun Nation Championship, presented by SureFire. Those 50 competitors will also have guaranteed slots to event ten (10), FNH USA 3-Gun Championship, which will precede the 3-Gun Nation championship match held at the same venue. During the FNH 3-Gun Championship, 14 additional slots will be earned, based on series points, for the 3GN Championship. In all, 64 competitors will be invited to the 3GN Championship. In the event a qualified competitor declines the right to compete in the 3GN Championship, N3GA will grant that slot to the next qualified competitor from the overall series standings

Edited by CraigS.

After event nine (9), USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals, the top 50 scores will be posted, and these competitors will earn an invitation to the FNH USA 3-Gun Nation Championship, presented by SureFire. Those 50 competitors will also have guaranteed slots to event ten (10), FNH USA 3-Gun Championship, which will precede the 3-Gun Nation championship match held at the same venue. During the FNH 3-Gun Championship, 14 additional slots will be earned, based on series points, for the 3GN Championship. In all, 64 competitors will be invited to the 3GN Championship. In the event a qualified competitor declines the right to compete in the 3GN Championship, N3GA will grant that slot to the next qualified competitor from the overall series standings

No, that's exactly the question actually. When will the top 50 get that invitation and when will the people that are further down the list get their invited when some of the top 50 decide not to come?

With one week to go to the shoot-off, if you were #51 or #55, would you get tickets, hotel and rental car, in case you got an invitation on Sunday morning?

It was handled well last year, so I'm not sure why they decided to do it differently this year.

If you're in the top 50, you're already invited. If you're in 51-85 group I'd probably plan on sticking around. The top 50 are guranteed. After that there may be some folks that only have two matches in that will slip into the top 64. Some that are sitting 60-65 now will probably drop a spot or two. Yes there are some that won't show up. Who knows how many. I talks to a couple at the MG Nats and they still weren't sure I they were going or not.

I didn't make it in to the match last year so I'm not sure how they did it last year. Doesn't seem that much difference though.

No, that's exactly the question actually. When will the top 50 get that invitation and when will the people that are further down the list get their invited when some of the top 50 decide not to come?

With one week to go to the shoot-off, if you were #51 or #55, would you get tickets, hotel and rental car, in case you got an invitation on Sunday morning?

It was handled well last year, so I'm not sure why they decided to do it differently this year.

First of all I would contact the MD.

and maybe Linda C. to match the registered shooters list with the top 64 in points to see how many slots are available.

I would say anyone in the top fifty should be in at the FNH match next weekend based on the rules.

What Iam not sure of is the 14 extra shooters , do they get automatic slots if any of the top 50 aren't going?

or are they taking competitors from the match only?

I am 36th but I won't be there.

I've been stricken with Guillain Barre Syndrome and the recovery time is a real PITA!

It's been 3 weeks and still only have 15lbs grip strength when I should have 100-150.

I can barely hold up an AR and walking is doable but slow and painful.

Wish I could be there but somebody else will have to fill-in.

Have Fun!

Nick

I am 36th but I won't be there.

I've been stricken with Guillain Barre Syndrome and the recovery time is a real PITA!

It's been 3 weeks and still only have 15lbs grip strength when I should have 100-150.

I can barely hold up an AR and walking is doable but slow and painful.

Wish I could be there but somebody else will have to fill-in.

Have Fun!

Nick

Yikes! I wish u a speedy recovery. I heads rumors that Kelly Neal, Kurt miller, Trapr Swanson, and Chris Sechiatsno won't be there either. So that means the top 55 ate already in.

I sent chad And Pete a message. Chad got back to me within minutes and said he was at the range today and would post some sort of clarification tonight.

I am another one who is in but am not going. My slot is for sale for 10.00. Any takers :cheers:

I am not going either Brian, maybe we can get together and offer a special. One slot for $10 or 2 slots for $25! :roflol::roflol:

I guess if you show up you get into the 4 stage 3GN match? :cheers:

If you are in the top 50, or one of the 14 slots earned at FNH, and you pay your $250 match fee, yes! you get into the 3GN Championships.

2. If shooters out of the Top 50 don't compete, their slots do not go to anyone else.

Since it looks like 30-35 in the top 50 are actually going, I'm guessing that the shoot-off is probably going to have 45-50 shooters rather than 64.

More prizes to the people that go :)

2. If shooters out of the Top 50 don't compete, their slots do not go to anyone else.

What you talkin' bout Willis?

Where did that little tidbit of info come from?

The link YOU posted two days ago :P

here in their entirety:

1. The Top 50 are locked. Those competitors can't be bumped.

3. Following FNH USA 3-Gun Championship, 14 additional slots into the 3GN Championship will be earned based on series points. These slots will be filled by going down the 3GN Standings as necessary to fill the slots.

4. The Top 50, rules, and competitor info have all been announced on www.3GunNation.com, and via additional media outlets. See past stories posted under News.

5. Unlike last year, individual competitors will not be contacted. The field has been announced. Check www.3gunNation.com for further information.

Edited by gose

What you talkin' bout Willis?

Where did that little tidbit of info come from?

The link YOU posted two days ago :P

here in their entirety:

1. The Top 50 are locked. Those competitors can't be bumped.

3. Following FNH USA 3-Gun Championship, 14 additional slots into the 3GN Championship will be earned based on series points. These slots will be filled by going down the 3GN Standings as necessary to fill the slots.

4. The Top 50, rules, and competitor info have all been announced on www.3GunNation.com, and via additional media outlets. See past stories posted under News.

5. Unlike last year, individual competitors will not be contacted. The field has been announced. Check www.3gunNation.com for further information.

Well SOB! I guess with all the no shows we have about a 1/50 shot of everybody having a $50,000 party put on by Jesse at the SHOT show. :cheers:

Edited by Jesse Tischauser