Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

opinions on a glock vector industries delay vector

jmyers

My review: $1550 for a G-35? Not this week....

You can take a $600 gun that will out-shoot 99% of the people who ever touch it with the factory barrel, put a magwell on it ($75), add the correct ISMI spring and an extra-long tungsten guide rod ($67), get some Warren/Sevigny sights ($75), do a "25 cent trigger job" ($0.25), apply some grip tape ($0.75), and spend $732 on reloading components.

Oh, I forgot the expense of two Dremel sanding drums for the grip re-contour ($1.50). Make it $730.50 worth of reloading components! :blush:

We're talking about a gun that weighs about 27.6 ounces STOCK with a magazine, maybe 31 with the magwell, guide rod, and steel sights. You're already 10-12 ounces lighter than any STI/SV out there. Most people are trying to put weight INTO a Glock, not taking it out with fancy and expensive cuts.

At the end of the day, you'll be much better off.

Edited by Braxton1

Do pretty everything Braxton listed, and, pay a good smith $100 to do whatever slide lightening you want, spend 100-200 on an aftermarket trigger (choose which one) and you still will be $500 ahead of the game.

Braxton, the "fancy expensive cuts" are to increase slide cycling speed and decrease percieved recoil. Still not worth $730, but they do have a purpose.

I understand the intent behind them, but most shooters on the planet could never take advantage of the speed increase because that speed increase occurs within the envelope of "cycle time" which is WELL inside that of "trigger time".

In other words, the gun cycles (from primer ignition to "back in battery and ready to go") in less than 0.06 seconds. REALLY REALLY REALLY good shooters can't do a double-tap with a split much faster than .10 or .11, because their fingers just don't move much faster than that. And we're talking "limit of human function" times here, not "realistic split times on a target during a competitive course of fire" times. If we decrease the cycle time to 0.05 seconds, the shooter will not see a .01 decrease in split times.

If the gun is very well-tuned with recoil spring weights balancing out the inertia of the slide moving back and forth, then the cuts would be unnecessary and really only useful for decreasing the total weight of the gun. (I say that within a certain context, because super heavy slides do make a gun feel "lopey", especially when combined with heavy bullets, but I've never heard a 40 Major described as "having lopey recoil" in a 28-ounce gun.)

And being a real "smarty pants" here, even if the gun cycles .01 seconds faster, then my hard earned money is spent at a rate of $73,000 per second of improvement... <_<

Edited by Braxton1

Braxton, the "fancy expensive cuts" are to increase slide cycling speed and decrease percieved recoil. Still not worth $730, but they do have a purpose.

I understand the intent behind them, but most shooters on the planet could never take advantage of the speed increase because that speed increase occurs within the envelope of "cycle time" which is WELL inside that of "trigger time".

In other words, the gun cycles (from primer ignition to "back in battery and ready to go") in less than 0.06 seconds. REALLY REALLY REALLY good shooters can't do a double-tap with a split much faster than .10 or .11, because their fingers just don't move much faster than that. And we're talking "limit of human function" times here, not "realistic split times on a target during a competitive course of fire" times. If we decrease the cycle time to 0.05 seconds, the shooter will not see a .01 decrease in split times.

If the gun is very well-tuned with recoil spring weights balancing out the inertia of the slide moving back and forth, then the cuts would be unnecessary and really only useful for decreasing the total weight of the gun. (I say that within a certain context, because super heavy slides do make a gun feel "lopey", especially when combined with heavy bullets, but I've never heard a 40 Major described as "having lopey recoil" in a 28-ounce gun.)

And being a real "smarty pants" here, even if the gun cycles .01 seconds faster, then my hard earned money is spent at a rate of $73,000 per second of improvement... <_<

There's lots of race teams that would pay that price!

Agree with Braxton.

$1550 with a stock barrel and the upgrade is a drop in KKM. Come on, that is just part changer stuff, not highly customized, as is implied.

Edited by MarkCO

Your better off buying yourself a brand new G35 and putting all the parts you want on it while keeping the factory barrel. Everyone else has already done the math to prove its a better choice then buying a $1500 Glock.

If you want it, get it! It's your money, not ours. I know exactly where you are coming from, I bought one of the Salient Arms International $2500 Glock 34s and everybody thought I was crazy for it. If I had the chance to go back and do things differently..... I wouldn't! It shoots unbelievably well. There is something to be said for buying a complete package/concept and having a company stand behind it. Just ask them all those hard customer service questions before buying to make sure they will. I would get the extra barrel as well but get it threaded for if you ever want to build an Open Glock. Good luck for whatever you decide. :cheers: