Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 MGM Ironman

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1335399389[/url]' post='1690898']
1334732650[/url]' post='1685701']

Yeah, being filmed wont get you reshoots, it only saves you from DQs ;) (no, not in any way in reference to anyone mentioned above)

Nope, that's happened too.

yea....like three days ago...

adios,tg

Would this ammo can work for the Trooper division or is it a little too big?

http://www.generaljims.com/shop/product.cfm?p=68

That can is 1072.5 inches3 and the max size in the rules is 968 inches3. I had to make my own can from plywood to get the right size. You can probably fill some portion of the can with wood or something like that to decrease the volume and I know I would be fine with it.

I am not so sure that the measurements of that can are accurate. The cans that we have used for years in trooper look just like that but are 5.5x11x16 and say 60mm on the outside.

Fellow shooters!! Attached you will find details for an 8 hour intermediate medical and trauma class to be held in Parma Idaho during the MGM Ironman. Please contact Eric if you have questions. Contact info below. Thx.

Adios,

TG

Erik Jones

Owner/Lead Instructor

Red Hills Tactical

702-580-2851

redhillstactical@hotmail.com

www.redhillstactical.com

Red HillsTactical Presents:

8 Hour Intermediate Medical and Trauma Training

June 6th, 2012,from 0800-1700 at the Parma Rod and Gun Club in Parma, Idaho

Thiscourse is designed to provide a fundamental foundation for quick, effective andlifesaving medical aidapplication by the student in a wide variety of situations. Whether you are a range safety officer, dailyshooter, once a year shooter, hunter, mountain bike rider, hiker, ATV rider,outdoor enthusiast, or just someone wanting to increase their medical skillsand knowledge, this is a great course for you!

Topics covered in the course include:

· Emergencymedical action philosophy

· BasicAnatomy and Physiology

· Bleedingcontrol to include:

Tourniquetapplication and indication

Bloodclotting agent application and indication

Pressure dressingapplication and indication

· Airwayconsiderations and basic maneuvers:

Use ofmanual maneuvers

Use ofNasopharyngeal airways

· Basicsplinting:

Use ofmanufactured and improvised splints

· Identificationof heart attack, stroke, and other life-threatening illness requiring advancedmedical attention

· Spinalconsiderations:

Identificationof potential spinal injuries

Basicimmobilization

· Shock:

Physiology

Assessment

Treatment

· SpecialConsiderations:

Children

Elderly

· Dragsand Carries

As you can see, there is a great deal of information packed in to such a shorttime frame to maximize the students learning experience. Please contact Erik at 702-580-2851 or viaemail at redhillstactical@hotmail.com to sign up orfor any questions you may have. Aminimum non-refundable deposit of $50 is due by May 23rd to secure aplace in the course, and space is limited. So don't miss this opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge that mayhelp you save a life!

Price: $100 per person and receive a 10% discount on aPersonal Medical Aid Kit (PMAK)!

anyone running a sling on their shotguns for the Ironman? I currently dont have one, all the stages i have shot in other matches, you started holding at low ready, or the shotgun was in a barrel or on a table, no slings were needed or required.

You might want to bring a sling for your SG....just sayin.

Adios

Tg

Rifle sling too?

Its been used before on both rifle and shotgun, so might be a good idea to bring for both.

You might want to bring a sling for your SG....just sayin.

Adios

Tg

Rifle sling too?

Its been used before on both rifle and shotgun, so might be a good idea to bring for both.

It would be a good idea to bring anything you have ever needed for 3-gun. ;)

I Just got done reading the rules again. I did not see any rules against runing a Surefire 60 rnd mag or mag couplers in limited. I would rather ask before showing up with equipment I cant use.

Thanks