Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Walking Dead Season 2

OPENB

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were in the bar for some time after Rick killed the two guys. Shane turned into a zombie almost immediately after he was stabbed. But who knows. Guess we'll find out eventually what's going on.

The CDC doc mentioned the time it takes to turn differs with each person. Who wants to bet Otis is in the crowd coming toward the house?!?!

So, new tactic for dealing with groups of living attackers: shoot one or two of them in the chest, then get the rest while they're dealing with the new zombies in their midst.

Why do I think of these things? :o

Rick shot them both in the head. Guy behind the bar... Boom Headshot....BIG boy....shot to the ground...Rick walked up and finished it, I assume in the head...IIRC.

That's a good point. That may be the twist.

Interesting idea that just plain dying leads to zombie-hood. Didn't they say that the patients at the hospital where Rick was initially were being killed by the military? Maybe that was a preventative measure as loosing power was going to ensure that most patients would be zombies soon. Not sure about the 2 dudes that hadn't been bitten. Seems like some cause of death might have been visible? suicide pact, heart attack, snake bite ... what ever you can think of it's odd they were laid out next to each other. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that they hold a major key in letting us know of this new method of turning. And yea, that means Otis could make a reappearance somewhere. Suicide seems a more likely choice if your faced with becoming a zombie unless you blow your brains out.

Loosing Shane was a shocker to me, but not really a surprise. I actually won't be surprised to see any of the major players go, even Rick. In the midst of the zombies, the show really seems to be about humans reaction to these crazy times and not as much about their survival efforts. So maybe one of the ladies would step up to lead the group? We gotta be politically correct here!

Shane seemed to be undergoing some metamorphosis seeing those flashes anyways. I wonder if his plan on Rick was completely his idea, or if it was aided/egged on by his slow turning into a zombie? I typically watch this with no hurry in mind, whenever I have time I pull it up on the DVR. But I think I'll watch this next episode ASAP. Heck, I might watch it live, commercials and all? Naaaaa, I'll wait for 20 minutes before hitting "play" :devil:

Anyone know how many more seasons are planned? I think I heard that the next season will be the last.

From the walking dead wiki

AMC renewed The Walking Dead for a third season on October 25, 2011 after the season two premiere broke cable ratings records in the 18–49 demographic. AMC president, Charlie Collier, said "We are thankful for everyone's contribution in front of and behind the camera as we continue to make The Walking Dead a unique television experience. And, we are so proud as it continues to set viewership records around the world."[5] On January 14, 2012, AMC announced that the third season will contain an extended episode order of 16 episodes.[12] On February 24, 2012, it was announced that David Morrissey had been cast as The Governor, a major antagonist in the comic series. Morrissey will be a main cast member in the third season, which begins production in the first quarter of 2012.

The show is based off a comic book. A cow-worker tried to turn me onto it but I just can't read comics. Got to or through the 3rd issue and couldn't do it anymore. The plot kinda split anyway. The basic idea is the same but I think the show does it better. There are at least 12 issues of the comic and as far as the show goes we are probably a little past the second issue. Apparently this show has been pretty well received so I can't see them killing it off.

The idea is that everyone is infected and that death brings it on. Only destroying the brain actually kills them.

I've been thinking about this, and it makes some sense - we really haven't seen any of the "living" get killed other than with a head shot - except for one thing... If this is the case, then why (in the previews for this Sunday's episode) do a bunch of walkers appear all of a sudden? Seems like something weird just happened to cause the sudden walker infestation...

They've been on the way from the city since that day. They walk slow.

lol - but good hearing?

I've gotten to the point.. I fast forward alot through the show.. it can get a little sopa opera'ish... so I probably miss a lot too

I started it in October and caught all the way up. Haven't read it since January but going to get back into it because I know it's ending soon.

It ended with the March 1st (or was it 3/3 at 3:33 PM?) entry. Awesome and very visual ending. I hope I get to see it on the big screen one day.