Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just bought my first Chrono

Funny story, Just bought my Prochrono, when out to the rang today and some some fun then headed over to a shooting bay to set up the chrono and try it out. After a couple shots up high in the triangle i notice i was getting weird reading so i started shooting a little lower and things got alot more consistent (no more 100+ fpc swings) of course two shots latter boom .... I shot the chrono

It still works, Kind of. It turns on and counts shots but it doesnt show the fps right away. When i go back through the review it will randomly show fps but its acting funny.

I know one the rear plastic lens is toast all in all the front looks fine. It cant find an easy way to pull it apart to see what the damage really is. I know they will replace it for me at half retail plus shipping but im wondering if there is something small i can fix instead ... Ideas?

I'd suggest upping the powder a little bit and try again. You want to chrono to stop working completely and the sun shades flying at least 15ft away. Barely making PF will get you eventually at a major match. = )

Edited by edison

I got mine just a couple of weeks ago. Took the left front rod and turned it into a nice V shape. Split the IR screen in front but once I slid the parts back into place it snapped shut again. Cut a couple of new rods for when I nail the rod again.

The lens on the rear sensor got hit and shattered. I have a feeling all the electronics are ok but it wasnt tripping the 2nd sensor therefor not displaying a reading.

Either way it going back CE for them to decide whats wrong and how much there gona charge me to fix it.

One thing is for sure. Ill be aiming higher from here on out

I got mine just a couple of weeks ago. Took the left front rod and turned it into a nice V shape. Split the IR screen in front but once I slid the parts back into place it snapped shut again. Cut a couple of new rods for when I nail the rod again.

I hit my rod (twice) before making my own out of thick shish-kabob skewers. I also made a set using Panda Express chopsticks. You need three per leg, two back to back with one set in the middle for reinforcement. The wooden legs shatter and splinter, but will not harm the plastic inserts.

I'm glad my Chrony Beta Master has a remote read out. Not only can I control it without walking in front of the range firing line, but when I do shoot it, the replacement cost of the housing is much cheaper than one with the built in display/computer.

Will i sent it off to CE today. After talking to them on the phone i have to say they are a pleasant company to deal with. Depending on what i broke it could be as little at $18 + shipping to fix it.

Ill update this thread once i get it back

That's great (hopefully). I was out with my Beta Master today and was being extra careful not to pull down on the gun when shooting it (which I still have a tendency to do). 100 shots of .38 special and 40 S&W and perfect readouts on each shot. Most importantly, a full intact chronograph at the end of the day with no additional holes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I shot my chrono last week. First time out with it. I was chrono-ing USPSA minor loads with my XDM40. Shot it in the same place, except it destroyed the glass module over the second sensor. Sent it back to CEI for repair/replace. Nice thing is they won;t charge you over half the current retail value, even if they have to replace it.

Hope to get it back sometime next week.

ok ok here is the carnage .... a nice through and through

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

I've been using the same chrono for the past year or so. I always wondered what a bullet through the chrono would look like. As careful as I am I KNOW its only a matter of time before I put a major .40 or .38SC through mine too :D

I hit my rod (twice) before making my own out of thick shish-kabob skewers. I also made a set using Panda Express chopsticks. You need three per leg, two back to back with one set in the middle for reinforcement. The wooden legs shatter and splinter, but will not harm the plastic inserts.

I'm glad my Chrony Beta Master has a remote read out. Not only can I control it without walking in front of the range firing line, but when I do shoot it, the replacement cost of the housing is much cheaper than one with the built in display/computer.

I cut the new ones using wooden dowels. The one thing I found that helped my chrono the most is getting the IR screens for it. Works indoors and out, can even put it in an enclosed box.